betta fish

Old 03-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #11 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Beautiful! I love it!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #12 
bettacrazygirl86

Thanks! I do too. :) I want to get more plants though, so it'll look less bare and they'll have more hiding spots. I wanted some driftwood, but my LFS was selling them for $5 per pound! Those things were heavy too, so I think I'll stick to plants and $1 terracotta pots. xD I want some leafy plants for them to rest on. I like how simple it looks, but it does look kinda bare. :(
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #13 
Crowntails

Very nice!
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #14 
bettacrazygirl86

I went into Petsmart today and they had the CUTEST little CT girl. ;-; She was so tiny. I think she was a baby, or at least close to it. She was about one cm long, from head to the tip of her tail. As far as her colors went, she kinda resembled my Tiny Tina, but she looked more blue and red, rather than purple and pink like Tina. I was so tempted to get her, but I currently don't have anywhere to put her as my sister's fish is occupying my hospital tank and I'm not comfortable with putting her in the 10 gallon with Tiny Tina and Patriot. I don't want her introducing anything to the tank. :( So I couldn't get her. She looked so sad and scared though. She had the cutest little face.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #15 
bettacrazygirl86

I just got back from Petsmart and did a water change on my tank. I picked up two more plants and Seachem Flourish, since my Wisteria and Corkscrews look like they're dying. The plants I got are Moneywort and Mondo grass. I only got one of each. Planting them both was nearly impossible! The Mondo grass's roots are HUGE and really tough. I couldn't get it to sit right, so I had to bury it with about a quarter of the tank's gravel. Geez. I'm happy with it though. I can't wait until the plants start growing more and make others.

Question though. The Wisteria stems are held together with some kind of... thing. Could I possibly take it off and spread the stems out individually? Or do they have to stay together? The Moneywort is the same way. If it's possible to spread them out, I might do so for my next water change.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #16 
Jexx

you tank is lovely! but I understand mondo grass is not truly an aquatic plant :(
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #17 
bettacrazygirl86

Thanks! I have loads of gravel holding the mondo grass down. I managed to cover the roots almost completely. Patriot seems to like it. :)

The Wisteria and Moneywort - can I separate the stems? They're held together with some sort of wrap thing around it. It looks like metal, but it isn't. I can't tell what it is, but it can come off. I just don't know if it's safe to separate them. I want to put a few Wisteria stems and Moneywort stems in each half, rather than just one whole set in each side.