Betta Fish Forum banner

Pictures from the Betta Show and my new fish!! (LOTS of Pics)

5K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
The first ever GBBA show was today. I had an awesome time and the fish were absolutely breathtaking. I don't know exactly how many fish there were but I'd say a safe estimate was about 150. There were crowntails, HMs, plakats, HMPK, and some wilds.

Pics... Just a few of my particular favs and some of the set ups.
Black Melano DBT.. a little shovel faced but gorgeous.. I wish he had been up for auction.

Orange/Yellow PK... so gorgeous.

Part of the stands

Blue HM

Pastel HM.. so pretty.

Red/Green Bi-color butterfly.. he was HUGE. And so gorgeous despite the tail damage. He wasn't for auction unfortunately.

Opaque PK.. they auctioned a pair of these that I wish I had gotten in hindsight.

Gorgeous Steel Blue Butterfly..

Cute Butterfly PK.. funny little face.

Copper marble HM

Blue CT

Marble female

Gorgeous butterfly salamander

Another Blue HM

Another gorgeous orange PK.. I LOVED these guys. None of them were available for auction.

Blue HM.. He had this awesome green stripe on his tail.. another not for auction (selfish breeders LOL)

another of the stands.. the fish bowls were for the wilds. The other fish were in the beanies.

NOW onto MY FISH!!!!!!!!:lol: In total I got 5 fish. 4 male HM and a female HM. I also got some very large IALs and two cute 1 gallon jars that came with gravel and a silk plant for $2 each.

Fish 1. A Blue and white marble HM male. I had this guy picked out from the beginning and he started at $3 and I won him at a bid of $17. He was a 1st place winner in his class.

Fish 2. A blue butterfly DBT. I didn't realize he was a DBT until I brought him home :oops:. I don't really like DBT but with him I'll make an exception. I paid $10 for him (which was the starting price). He was also a 1st place winner in his class

Fish 3. Another blue butterfly.. I don't think he is a marble however. He has a little bit of damage but I don't think it will take much to heal. I got him for $7 (starting at $3). He was one of the fish sold directly for auction and did not take part in the show.

Fish 4. A multicolor HM. My mom actually bought this fish. She picked him out from the beginning and with a starting bid of $3, won him with a bid of $26!!!! He was one of the most expensive fish sold. He is also a 1st place winner.

And last but not least Fish 5. A pretty multi-color female. I won her at $4 simply because everyone wants to see me breed her with Fish 4. (Which I'm seriously considering doing this summer). She's really pretty but I couldn't get good pics of her.. this one at least show's her color a bit.

I know the pics of my fish aren't great. I was beat and I'm sure the fish are all stressed and they'll have to be packed for the ride home tomorrow :roll:. More to come!

See less See more
#4 ·
wow! Awesome! Your new fish are beautiful! I lOVE your mom's guy.

#7 ·
Actually I think only the bi-color had tail damage. The one I bought with tail damage didn't actually appear in the show.. his breeder sent him specifically for auction. I believe since the fish was damaged during shipping, he would still be eligible to be exhibited. If I remember right he placed in his category.

I love the marble.. I really want to breed him. I think this summer I'm going to breed the multi's.. but I need to see if I can even do it. My mom has really been bitten by the bug and REALLY wants to breed her male LOL

#10 ·
SO many beautiful fish. Your new ones are great. I don't like double tails too much either but yours is soooo pretty.

#17 ·
Well it can be difficult to figure out what you'll get when breeding multi's since, like marbles, they're coloring can be unpredictable.

If I had to take a guess based on the colors of the potential parents I would say that you will get a lot of blues with red wash, since red wash can be extremely difficult to get rid of once it's in the genes. Some solid reds, solid blues, maybe some lavender based colors. Marbles, Butterflys ect.

#18 ·
Sounds good to me.. I'm hoping I get some that look very close to Daddy but from what I understand they usually resemble the grandparents more than the parents. Wish I had their pedigrees.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.