Betta Fish Forum banner

Colour Enhancers

7K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Russet 
#1 ·
Question here. :)
Does colour enhancers(pellets, flakes) for betta really improve the colours of the betta?
What are other food and stuff that can improve your betta's colours?

#2 ·
Yes! I use Topfin Color Enhancing Betta Bits and they brightened his body up within days. All of my supplies are Top Fin and if you're new to betta keeping I would totally recommend any Top Fin product.

#4 ·
I wish I had taken before / after pics but will say the Hikari Bio Gold pellets most definitely brought out the color on my betta. Noticed the change within a week.

Hikari Betta Bio-Gold

Powerful color-enhancing diet provides your betta with optimal nutrition in a floating pellet that won't cloud the water in your betta bowl
  • Specially formulated for bettas, with a superior protein source
  • Reduces stress and stress-related illnesses

#6 ·
Hmm... be something I may want to pick up. I've seen them at PetSmart.

I want to see if Drax has any more colors to show me haha.

#8 ·
I love Hiraki pellets, though my Petsmart doesn't carry their products. I first got a sample packet in a Bowl Buddies water conditioner box. My fish never refused them. I was going to use flakes, but used the sample packet for a while, and when that ran out, switched to the flakes. My fish hated the flakes, and it made the water quality horrible. So I only stick with pellets.

#9 ·
I use Topfin as I hadn't found Hikari being sold until AFTER I bought all my food, but it seems to work quite well. My bettas are always quite vibrant.

#10 ·
I use topfin betta bits too. I believe it works cause all mine are bright as can be but I do wonder if it just says that just because, or if there really is something in it that brings out their color

#12 ·
Food dosen't bring out as much color as water quality does...IAL is hands down the best color enhancer there is.

#14 ·
Hikari changed their formula, and it's now full of things you kinda don't wanna be feeding your bettas, like MSGs. i still feed my babies that, though, but only once a week. the other days, i feed a mix, either Attison's betta pellets or New Life Spectrum grow or Betta formula. Dante, my delta, went from a dull grey-brown to his beautiful silvery grey in a day! :3

#15 ·
Thank you for all your replies! I did use Hikari pellets before, but sadly they changed their formula, from fish protein to wheat flour. I researched abit and found out that banana leaves can also improve the colour of the Betta.

#19 ·
Who cares if <insert brand here> changed their formula. Does the new ingredient improve colors or not is all I care about. Said formula can have 900pct crude protein with nothing but rare ingredients on their label for all I care, bottomline is if my fish don't like the taste and/or does not work as advertised (ex. improve color)...it won't be purchased :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.