Betta Fish Forum banner

ATTN: Seattle and surrounding area dwellers!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Kittles 
#1 ·
I posted this in the TFK.com classifieds section to no avail and figured it might benefit me to address my target audience directly: betta fish owners. So once more, my plight.

My dearest fishkeeping friends,

A lot has sprung up over the last few days, and, to keep things brief: I'm unable to keep my fish tank any longer. Having found a home for my other fish, all that is left is my betta, Roy Cherry. I was wrong in thinking he'd be able to stick it out with me while seeking proper accomodations for the upcoming school year, and the frequent relocations have obviously taken a toll. I just didn't want to give up my first fish. We've been through a lot this past year :<

So, in his best interest, I was wondering if there was anyone in the Seattle or surrounding area that would be able to take him in. Permanently or temporarily. I'd just like to see whatever is best for him at this time because watching him fade is upsetting - especially when the problems should be mine alone.

He's currently in a small, glass (1.5gal?) drum vase with cobble, a small cave, and a Hydor Mini Heater. It's about all I could travel with and is what he would come with should I find anyone able to take him. Food too. The works.

As for Roy Cherry himself:
He's currently got some fin rot that I'm trying to deal with, and has a tendency to tail bite. I just got back from a 2 week trip in Japan and returned to him in a poor state. He's a blue crown tail, as well. Incredibly passive, and will get along great with other fish should he need to be placed in a community tank; I housed him in a 10 gallon with five corydoras and never had any problems.

If there is anyone interested, or if you know anyone who may be interested, please PM or text (I hate talking on the phone) 907 957 1065 for any info. Also, forgive me for rambling, or being sappy. Or if this is, for whatever reason, in the wrong location.

XOXOKITTLES.

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
I love you. :shock:

North of Olympia is Tacoma, right? Should that be the case, you'd only be about a half hour or so away from me as I'm currently staying next to the Sea-Tac Airport. Would you be interested in taking in my sick fish? I feel bad burdening someone with such a task, especially one as severe as this - his dorsal fin has nearly rotted (or been bitten) away. That probably sounds dramatic. It's not like this hasn't happened to him before when he went through a serious bout of tail biting several months ago. He fully recovered.

Just letting you, or anyone else, know what's in store. :<

Also, thank you 1fish2fish for your concern. I know you'd be an amazing caretaker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.