Betta Fish Forum banner

New Betta~Feather tail Platinum dragon

5K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  copperarabian 
#1 · (Edited)
He's from a LFS, I'll take better photos during the weekend or Friday.

Not too bad for males, I used to have more, but now I'm up to 6. no more for me though >.> I don't want to do maintenance on little tanks lol

so I got a new fishie today :) I need to take better photos this weekend, but these are ok for now. He's from Dolphin Pet village, a fantastic fish store :D I do feel like the breeder they get their bettas from half the time just sends their unwanted fish(too long of body, weird body shape, one had a weird spine, fins that don't stay up) but then they are meant to be pets lol.

A worker named this guy Charles(said with a British accent) so I'm keeping the name.

See less See more
#9 ·
He's spectacular!! He's so sassy looking, I love his name =D You are a great fish photographer, I think you have the best photos on the forum!!!

#12 ·
i also just picked up a little feathertail boy! he is almost the same color as this guy, but not a dragon.

#13 ·
Gorgeous boy!

#18 ·
It is not advisable to breed rose or feather tails. They are actually a deformity and have many issues. Bad scaling is another physical deformity - you can see the scales are not even and uniform.

Looks aside, there are internal issues and you don't want to pass that trait down to offspring. They will be severely deformed, and/or die.

I personally love feather and rose tails. I think they are gorgeous, scales and all. But I have tried to keep 3 and even in good water they have all passed. None lasted any longer than 3 months for me :( Give this boy lots and lots of attention, very very clean and warm water and a good protein rich diet.

#21 ·
I wasn't planning on breeding him because if that, just too many problems with feather tails.

awww, that's sad yours didn't last long :( I hope this boy last a good amount of time, he's such a pretty fish and he didn't go through the stress of being shipped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.