Betta Fish Forum banner

Black Orchid DDR CT Spawn

31K views 212 replies 45 participants last post by  Overprotective Fish Lover 
#1 ·
Decided not to be lazy and actually start a log on this spawn :-D

Here are some old pics of mommy (Aria) and daddy (Ezria)... They are siblings and I'm hoping to get some double double rays (DDR) like the father or at least start moving towards that.

#81 ·
the parents are beautiful i would love a pair like yours unfortunately i live in canada but i am subscribing to the thread i cant wait to see how the fry's turn out ...i am currently leaning all the things about breeding to eventually breed( crown tail especially :p)

#90 ·
Babies!!!! They're so cute!!! :D I love their fat little bellies!!

#95 ·
I would be very interested in one of these guys, too. Please keep me in mind when you are ready to ship. Subscribing :)
Will do! ;-)

Congratulations on your great achievement, also yr sharing along the way.
With great passion for creation and care etc, you surely will do well in your medical school. Blessings
Aw it's nice of you to say that! I really appreciate it :-D

#97 · (Edited)
Father was feeling photogenic the other day so I took a few pics. He's growing back his tail but it looks like it won't be the same as it used to be =( I still love him lots though, and I'm hoping for quite a few babies that'll look like him. Found some pics of his brother (the last pic), who looks like he became DDR so that's good news for us =)

#103 ·
Aw thanks guys! ^^ The kids are 7 weeks old today and doing very well. I plan to put up some pictures maybe next week after my exams. A lot of the smaller frys have caught up to their siblings in size somehow and I'm still doing 30% w/c daily, sometimes 40%. I'm starting to see a little bit of black coming in on their anal fins! Hopefully by the time I take pics next week they'll have a little more color.

I'll be getting a daphnia culture this week, so I'm hoping to add a little more variation in their food. I've tricked a few of them into eating frozen BBS and cut-up frozen bloodworms, but I haven't quite been able to get them to take pellet-based food ^^;;

#108 ·
Sorry for the delay guys, I've been kind of dealing with a personal issue so I really haven't gotten a chance to visit the site much :-(

It's harder to take pictures of them now even though they are much bigger, I guess they move a lot faster than before. But there are some that show a bit of color. Most of them are not showing color yet but, out of those with color, the majority seem to be black and I've seen just one with a little bit of red (he/she is in some of the pics below). They've been moved to a 20 gal, and are now accepting a pellet-based food but have slowed down in growth. I'm just trying to get them big enough for blood worms and brine shrimp, then I can power feed.

#118 ·
I agree. I wasn't all that interested in crowntails until I looked through here at the beautiful fish and cute babies. lol then I went to my lfs and ended up seeing a cute little mustard gas crowntail female...she came home with me. ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.