Betta Fish Forum banner

Spawn log: HMPK Dragon Geno Pair

19K views 272 replies 23 participants last post by  bettalover2033 
#1 ·
Ok so my HMPK pair will be here tomorrow. Here's a pic:

Organism Electric blue Fish Fish Aquarium

I only have a short amount of time to spawn them and barely squeeze this spawn in before I leave for Mexico on October 24th.

I will post pics of them in their new homes tomorrow.

See less See more
#4 ·
I am so excited for this spawn! I hope it works out well - he is gorgeous!

#5 ·
Well him and his sister with shipping was $59. Not to bad but their genetics are better than his looks ;)

Breeder also said these guys have a low die off rate and spawn very easily.

Unfortunately they haven't gotten here yet :(

I'm gonna wait for a little while longer before goin to the post office.

#6 ·
Who did you get them from?

#7 ·
Aquabid member the_K.

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks!

They've only got two fish for sale right now-but one's a really nice marble HMPK. I hope to breed soon and may buy from them!

#10 ·
Are you going to be selling any of your fry? Either on AB or here or elsewhere?

#11 ·
I'll only be selling on forums for now.
Thanks!

They've only got two fish for sale right now-but one's a really nice marble HMPK. I hope to breed soon and may buy from them!
Thats a brother of this pair. I've seen the spawn log so if you breed them I'd probably order a pair for an outcross.

The fish arrived alive and well and are in there tanks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUFRCmVPWnQ

#12 ·
BTW I highly reccomend the_K. I'd definately order from him as a first time aquabid order.

#13 ·
I hope to breed soon but probably not with that pair :( even though they're really nice I'm not quite ready. I'm keeping an eye on the_K's fish for now and will probably buy my breeders from him when I do get them.

Glad to hear that your fish arrived safe and sound! Keep us updated!

#14 · (Edited)
Well the male seemed like he was about to up and die on me. I went to bed thinking the worst. I wake up turn my light on and see a HUGE nest. He's still staying under the nest the entire time but when I came back from school he made it even bigger!!

The female has vertical bars and they should have a great spawn. I'm putting them in next weekend.

#15 ·
Wow! Glad he didn't die on you!

#16 ·
Me too. He's not real active but he's got a big nest. Can't wait to spawn them :)

#17 ·
Can't wait to see the result. Maybe I'll wait to breed and take a sibling pair from your spawn ;-)

Don't know if I can wait that long though lol.

#18 ·
Can't wait to see the result. Maybe I'll wait to breed and take a sibling pair from your spawn ;-)

Don't know if I can wait that long though lol.
Lol thanks. Unfortunately these guys won't be ready till early-mid November. I decided to add the pair to the tank soon. Maybe even this week. The sooner the better. Mainly because I'm going to Mexico around the time the babies would be two months. So I want to spawn ASAP.

#19 ·
Found out the problem.....water was too cold at 75 degrees. I put them in the spawning tank for temp rise and he began to flare!!! They're showin readiness and as soon as he has a nest I'm goin for it.

#20 ·
Well he's startin a nest but until he builds one like his last one its a no go. Sister is ready, nice full of eggs and showing vertical bars. I realize spawning after shipment is stressful but some of my best spawns came from bettas purchased just days before and they turn into better spawniners in general. I don't know why.

#21 ·
Well I released her. She looked ready to drop her eggs. So far really gentle, chasing and attempted nipping. She approaches him (Billybobjoe is his name now lol and her name is Flara, as in flaring) showing full vertical bars then he runs her away. They're super gentle and I expect the spawn in a few days.

#23 ·
The thing is is they got in from shipping yesterday. New bettas always spawn best for me, IDK why.

Like I siad super gentle and they're in a 5 gallon....for me less aggression occurs.

#24 ·
I put some of his old nest under the cup and he began adding to it. Shes approaching him full flare and breeding stripes but he's not ready. This was the same behavior my red VT pair did just before spawning......:)))))))))))))))))))))))))

#26 ·
I literall just got them Thursday. The female looked like she was about to drop her eggs and the male didn't like cooler water. For me newly purchased bettas seem easier to spawn. Sometimes I condition, sometimes I don't, dosen't seem to matter much either way since good care conditions them quite well.

#27 ·
Well shes approachin the nest in full flare and breeding stripes, checkin out the nest and then swimmin away. Should be gettin some spawn action in a few hours :)

#31 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.