Betta Fish Forum banner

First Spawn... Well here it goes

7K views 73 replies 11 participants last post by  Clayton1089 
#1 ·
Well here are my first pair I intend to breed, both CT which I thought for my first time was a good choice. the female is now only slightly smaller than the male. I have been conditioning them for the past 2 weeks feeding them dry pellets and bloodworms the male has built several nests in the last month but have been destroyed when doing water changes. the female shows all the signs, the vertical stripes, flaring, the white dot so I believe they are ready. I have been letting them see each other for about 30 minutes a day for the past week and am now letting the female stay in the tank till tomorrow then I will release her. I have done my research so yes im ready for all the work and have the supplies needed so here we go lets see if I can do this. will try to update with photos every few days!!! wish me luck!!!

See less See more
#14 ·
Pellets would be better but both would work. You don't want to dirty the spawn tank but you don't want them to starve. How did you condition?

Edit- That great! Leave them alone now and check back in an hour... If they are still embracing leave them but when they are done and there are eggs in the nest take her out.

#15 ·
Pellets would be better but both would work. You don't want to dirty the spawn tank but you don't want them to starve. How did you condition?

Edit- That great! Leave them alone now and check back in an hour... If they are still embracing leave them but when they are done and there are eggs in the nest take her out.
feeding both dry food and frozen blood worms, but I think I might be good now that I just saw an embrace! so excited!!!!

ok I will do that! I will keep updating as it goes on!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.