Betta Fish Forum banner

Of car wrecks and pouting Bettas

2K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
Hey, guys! Here I am.

Ta-da! Here's me, my boys and.... the neck brace. (lmao I just noticed Tian-Tian's pouting, haha. And he's really huge...)

Sorry for the darkness of this photo and my lack of cleaning up properly.
I was in a car wreck this past Friday. Not too bad, but I got this neck brace on. I'm in pain, but painkillers make me loopy and not in pain. So yay.

I digress; this post is about my boys. I'm a little bored sitting and resting, so I thought I'd blog a bit about my boys.

I made a little tank divider Thursday to see if it was possible to divide my boys into Tian-Tian's tank. However that ended within a few seconds because Tian-Tian nearly jumped OVER the divider INSIDE THE TANK in an attempt to beat up on Taco. Of course, Taco was like, "oooh another tank!!!" and swimming all over. Meanwhile, Tian-Tian was about having a cow over it, so I put Taco back in his tank.

Freakin' punk fish, that Tian. :roll: Dunno what the heck I'm gonna do with him just yet. ;-)

Taco has adjusted really well, however. He has already figured out feeding times and he's really quick on following movement around his tank. He's quite a curious little fellow. I can be standing across the room and wiggle my fingers and it'll catch his attention just enough that he swims over to see what I'm doing. :-D He's just so... CUTE!

At first, Tian-Tian was VERY jealous and started to act wild and wouldn't come to me as he usually did. Today he's been MUCH better.... I think he's realized that I am still taking care of him and feeding him and whatnot. So I suppose the two are okay for now.

I know people shouldn't put two male tanks right next to each other, but they've left each other alone finally. I think they both needed a period of adjustment. So they're doing well.

In other news, I don't know how I'm gonna change Tian-Tian's tank water tomorrow. Augh. His tank needs a good cleaning. Hmmm....

Anyway, how's everyone else? :)

See less See more
#4 ·
WOW THAT LOOKS PAINFUL!! They should be fine and actually it's healthy ;)

#7 ·
Sorry to hear about your accident,ouchies. Nice pic though!! Yes great idea,but my bettas are all over...so...thatd be a lot pics lol...

#8 ·
Awww, I hope you get better! And I think the post was super cute. I love hearing about other bettas. Fishy is like Tian and Blue is like Taco. It's cute.
lol well when I get Merlin I was gonna get pics with him. hehe

#9 ·
Ooh cant wait!! one more day eh?

#10 ·
Sorry to hear about your accident. Get well soon!!

#13 ·
It depends on what painkiller it is for me. Strong ones make me sleep then I bounce off the wall. But light and moderate painkillers make me knocked out.

I hate how they make me feel as they wear off...I had to take them last month when I got my wisdom teeth out.

#17 ·
Aww, thanks for the well-wishes, everyone! :) I'll hopefully kick back soon! But I gotta tell ya, those painkillers left me really woozy and I have this AWFUL headache.

And yep, it's offocial; they're getting along. Hooray!

In other news, ifish, my tank sizes are 1 gallon (Taco's tank) and 2.5 Gal. (Tian-Tian's tank). Both receive frequent water changes and feedings both morning and night. :)

#22 ·
Click it or ticket :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.