Betta Fish Forum banner

sometimes i dont know what to do

913 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  headerthebettalover 
#1 ·
i know bettas come and bettas go, but i truly hurts me inside when a betta has to suffer. my betta (Oscar) is sadly suffering. i have had bettas before and i can tell that these might be his last few hours. Oscar is so weak that he can’t even swim up to the top of my 2 gallon tank to get some air. his gills are moving very fast and his eyes are getting cloudy. i hope that he wouldn’t suffer any more and that he would just go. if it is his day to go i want it to be in peace not in suffering. please give me some advice. Should i end his suffering or should i let him past at his own time? Please help

#2 ·
is it heated? How often do you perform water changes? Sounds like he is having respitory issues becasue of ammonia poisoning and not enough water changes. A 2 gallon unfiltred she be getting 50% and %100 water changes 3x a week.

What are you feeding him? How old is he?

Any white spots, constipation, gold dust or slimy film?

Please , if you can provide more info so we can help more, thanks :)

#5 ·
Move him into a QT tank and add in IAL or washed dried oak leaves.
To not waste time with more questions, just answer all these questions even if they were already answered. I'm sorry he's really sick.

#7 ·
I feel your pain. I was in exactly the same situation when my Prince died. If that's Oscar in your avatar, he was a very pretty betta.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.