Betta Fish Forum banner

Woohoo...move was successful!

661 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
If moving houses is not stressful enough moving a tank has to be the tops! Since I needed an upgrade I just went ahead and got a new tank, from 10 gal to 26! Took the filter out of the old tank and a pile of stone, threw that in for 3-4 days, slowly added 3 of my danios and everything checked out fine!

Took the 10 gal, left about 1/3 of the water in, taped the top cover on, put it in the front seat, seatbelt on then the quick drive. (Luckily it was a quick 5 mile move from one side of town to another). Moved the rest of my fish in and everyone seems to be happy as a clam!

I am so pleased with the new tank setup, (although now I need some taller decorations) with all the great info you all give on these forums the move was a success!

#2 ·
Congrats on the move & the new tank - glad everything went well.

I have to ask, though, WHY do people move their "good" bacteria then wait for days to put fish in? The bacteria starts dying within hours without any food (fish waste) and ABSOLUTELY needs fish waste within 24 hours.

At least that has always been my understanding.

#3 ·
Thanks, the tank is so much nicer looking being on a stand made for it rather than just the 10 gal one on a small coffee table :)

I put the old filter in behind the new filter for 1 day, then added rocks and some decorations from the old tank every day for 3 days and moved the danios in on the 4th. Everytime I added rocks I took some water with me so I wouldn't loose that edge :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.