Betta Fish Forum banner

Will they ever get along?! The age-old question of sororities!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  fightergirl2710 
#1 ·
Argh, OK so I started a sorority on Saturday. With 5 girls, one had to be removed on counts of being ultimately torn up.. She and another girl would just not stop fighting. Once she was gone, Peaches (the terror in the hearts of all fish) decided she's the boss and chased the other three girls around. Now it's Wednesday and there is still chasing and nipping going on. The three other girls flare at each other once in a while but mostly hide from Peaches and whenever I go to the glass she seems to be the only one there. The rest are all hidden in various nooks and crannies... Sometimes she mellows out and just gives them a stare down but sometimes she will chase them out, sometimes there is nipping, like today I found one of the girls had ratty fins... I give Peaches time out when I see her being aggressive (I had to clingfilm the top because she would jump out!) , it helps for a while but oh God! When will the crazy stop?! Any tips would be greatly welcomed!

#3 ·
How long are giving Peaches her time out? Put her in there for a day. Shake the decor up while she's gone so when she gets back, it's not quite the same. Here Fishy Fishy Fishy said something alone the lines of she needs to be gone long enough for another fish to establish dominance. A nice gentler fish. That Peaches, what's to be done with her?

#5 ·
It is insanely planted, a ninja could walk around it unnoticed :p I'll put up a picture though once my camera charges and I'll do the rearranging... I was cleaning today and I moved a few floating plants and IAL around and the poor girls were so confused, they were actually sticking together for awhile! So I'm guessing drastic change shall be totally FTW!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.