Betta Fish Forum banner

Sky's successful move!

737 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Tappy4me 
#1 ·
I moved Sky's NPT 127 miles today with no bad occurrences! The water didn't even get that badly murky.

He's VERY skittish right now (as usual, but especially so) so he won't let me get any good pictures of him. The water is probably too murky anyway. Can't see his blue at all! He's exploring a lot, though. Maybe this re-introduction to his tank will stop his tailbiting, at least temporarily. He's getting some cory cat buddies soon. Probably tomorrow!!! Excitedddd. I hope he takes to it well. He's never shown any signs of aggression to his shrimp or his snails, so I think he'll be okay.

Pictures commence!

Floating in a red cup. He gets to float with a plant because he's shy ;)

He has a nice spot next to my desk now. :) And the plants will get a little bit of natural light now! There was NONE before. I'm looking forward to seeing the effects of harder water and natural light on the plants. That's a south-facing window, so there's never direct sunlight through it because of that and the angle of the building. It's perfect!

I ended up buying a $20 coffee table from Wal-Mart to put him on. I covered it with plastic and a folded up sheet so no water will get through to the particle board (it is lacquered, but I want to be as safe as possible). I also have an old computer with old text books stacked on top of it underneath the table, to give extra support. XD

Yay Sky! I hope he lets me get better pictures tomorrow.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thank you! I keep trying to sneak pictures of him when he goes to the front of the tank but he's so good at darting away.

BAHA! While writing this post, I noticed he was at the front... so I sneaked these with zoom, haha. I crept closer and closer... but he darted away after a minute, rofl.

(UGH I WANT HIM TO STOP BITING HIS TAIL OFF)

This is from before he started tail biting:

#4 ·
wow his coloration is different and beautiful, now let's hope he could stop biting his purdy fins :) some people say is to add little caves and stuff to the betta's tank to give them a interest on something else and always change it after each water change, that's what i heard :p

#5 ·
Yesss. That's a big part of why I brought him up here with me... it's a NPT so it doesn't -need- water changes (everything is always 0ppm). I wasn't with him much before, so my parents just fed him and I would come on the weekends and prune plants and scrape algae. But now, I can change his tank up more often! He'll also be able to see me all the time!

I'm going to be doing weekly water changes until most of the water is water from the apartment. Mr. Fish (and his plants) did MUCH better on the water from this city, so that might even help. Mr. Fish's plants died/almost died when I brought his tank to my parents' at the end of the semester.

#6 ·
Beautiful fish! I think my halfmoon, Shadowfax, has been tailbiting. His tail never seems to grow anymore, even though the fin rot he had months ago is long gone! I'm hoping to get some more plants and such thrown in there eventually...maybe that will give him something to fuss over instead of his tail lol.:)

#7 ·
Thank you!!

I just bought a leaf hammock for Sky and he seems to really like it. I'm hoping that will help him a bit! I also got him 2 ghost shrimp... he had 2 in the past, but they seem to have disappeared, lol. Not sure if he ate them or if they died. I'm inclined to believe it was death, though, because he doesn't seem interested in eating them. XD I have a smallish terracotta pot at my parents' house that used to be in Mr. Fish's tank. I'm also going to add that (burying the stupid hole so he doesn't get stuck, lol) as a cave for him on Tuesday.

Ooooh and I was just at Petsmart and saw that they have beautiful, sparkly emerald corydoras for $3.49. I want to hold off on them for nowwww until I see if he stops tailbiting, but yes... I want them!

He's swimming around at the front of the tank a lot more than he ever did at my parents'. Probably because he's in a place where he can see my boyfriend and I walking around constantly and at our desks. :) Here's to hoping we solve our tailbiting issues!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.