Betta Fish Forum banner

Any idea on what this little dark patch of scales on baby female betta is?

632 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Sakura8 
#1 ·
It's slightly raised from the rest of her scales. The first half of the photos were taken about 48 hours ago when I noticed it.

That spot is slightly darker now. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what it could be. It's only located on one side of her body.

No weird behavior at all. She eats and explores all day long, but her belly is extremely full considering I only feed her 1 pellet the size of her pupil every 2 days.

Note: I'm trying to train her to eat pellets out of the cognac shot glass.

Thanks...

See less See more
#2 ·
One of your Indy's girls, huh? She's a sweetheart, I'll have to show you Sakura, soon.

It looks like a burn, does she have a heater in her tank? I've had 2 fish burned by faulty heaters and they heal pretty fast. Maybe add a little salt, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

#3 ·
Nope, the baby's tank has no heater. It's currently 81 degrees.

The 2.5G tank where I placed a 7W Hydor non adjustable heating pad, has gone from.....

• 74 degrees to 81 degrees in about 4-5 hours
  • 88 degrees yesterday
  • now it's 91 degrees. I just unplugged it.
Perfect example of why I NEVER use these things. Pieces of garbage.

• As for the little abrasion on her body, I have no idea where it came from. She doesn't usually dart around the tank. Always taking her time looking around. Doesn't really like the cave and rarely goes into the pagoda. Little one prefers to hide behind the filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.