Betta Fish Forum banner

Food stuck to my Betta

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  babystarz 
#1 ·
I do not know how this happened after 3 months of no problems, but this morning I fed my Neon Tertras their ground up flakes as I always have, with the filter off, but this time my Betta swam right through the cloud of food and it is stuck all over him! He does not like it one bit. He keeps swimming quickly I imagine to try and dislodge the debris from his scales but it is stuck on there real good. Will the food just dissolve after a day or so? I am so worried. He has been such a happy fish up until now. :(

#2 ·
Hmmmmmm. Give your betta a salt bath. See what that can do! Use epsom salt or aquarim salt and let in swim around in there for 5 mins only use a tea spoon of salt with new 100% clean water. If your betta turns upside down or swims sidways rinse him with so cold water and put him back in his tank.

#3 ·
Do not ever rinse your fish in cold water, the temperature shock could kill him. There is also no need to use salt on him, as he's not sick. The flakes should disintegrate in a day or two, so I really wouldn't do anything to him. It will just add un-needed stress to an already frustrating situation for him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.