Betta Fish Forum banner

New Platinum Yellow HMPK from PetCo (Pic Heavy)

2K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  DoctorWhoLuver 
#1 · (Edited)
Last Saturday I found a yellow HMPK at my local PetCo. He was there a week before and I had wanted to buy him then, but I wasn't too sure about it. After thinking it over, I decided I had to have him! He is definitely Halfmoon Plakat as he has multiple rays and a 180 spread. He is about 2 inches long and as thick as if not thicker than my thumb.
He's got random spots of red coloring on ventral and looks as if he might marble, as he has darker patches on his head. We've haven't decided on a permanent name but we call him Tiny or The Yellow Submarine. I noticed that he is very shy and not as food driven as my other bettas.
Sorry some of the pics are blurry.

#2 ·
Oh man I just love those yellow eyes!!

#10 ·
Thanks for all the replies!
I'm really glad I took him home; I was choosing between him and another platinum betta with red splotches, but I wound up with him :)

Is that BF pattern development I see!? Eeeeek! How cute!? You could combine the name and call him "The Tiny Yellow Submarine"!
Lol! I think I will, that's cute :) And yes, he does have a slight BF pattern :)

#12 ·
He is so pretty! I almost took home a yellow HMPK a couple weeks ago but instead went with a red/salamander HMPK. I'll eventually own a yellow though!

#15 ·
Never seen a betta like that. He sure is pretty! He almost has the same BT as a female betta, dosen't he?

#16 ·
Wow, hes so gorgeous!!

I saw a yellow marble HMPK a few months ago and kicked myself for not buying him at the time....

I'm full of envy with your boy now too!

#17 ·
@BettaBreeder- BT as in body type? lol I'm really bad at shortened names X]
@aemaki- Aww :( I love the yellow on your boy! ;)

Update: The Tiny Yellow Submarine is very skittish and shy. Today, he freaked out when he saw me looming over his tank and scraped his back on his flower pot. Now his back is rubbed raw and is bleeding a little :'( I put some epsom salt in his tank... I might switch to AQ salt XD but they both have antibacterial/fungal properties so... yeah . :(

#19 ·
Nah, that means "Body Type" thats my abb. for it! :) :blueyay:

#18 ·
Awwwww. Just turn his light off for a day or so and fast him as well. This gives him a ton of time to get used to his environment. I usually just kinda sit in front of my tank after giving them time to get used to their tank and talk to them for long periods of time so they get used to my voice. Not sure if you've done this yet or not, but yea.

#20 ·
And i still luv ur yellow boy!

#23 ·
@Hadoken Kitty -Thanks :) He doesn't have a light. I just stare at them like some weird stalker.
@BettaBreeder - He's a plakat. But he's body is very thick and masculine to me :).
@@aemaki- Aww, I'm sorry :( He was a beautiful boy. I hope you get some nice fry from that spawn. The guy eats like a pig! He just freaks out some times :) But i will switch to AQ salt :)
@Tabbie- Thanks :) I hope he heals fast too. X]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.