Betta Fish Forum banner

Yellow HM x Platinum HMPK

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  joecool966 
#1 ·
I would like to know what would my color range be if I crossed a Yellow HM to a Platinum HMPK?

I realize that because one does not know the exact background of bettas there is always other colors than can pop up and that the HM tail is more dominant than the HMPK as well but just would like to know what possible colors they would produce?

:-D

#5 ·
Long, short and in between HM fins.

Color:
Yellow = combodian x red - possible genes involved are; blond, non red, red, cambodian
Platinum = metallic opaque white = steel blue background - possible genes involved are; cambodian, steel/royal blue, non red, blond . . . . . plus what ever hidden background.

Possible outcome; cambodian (probably with irids), yellow (probably multi), cellophane - grizzle, white (probably multi or rather grizzled), Irid (multi - red usually fills the fins). Some may be metallic.. . . plus hidden colors such as copper (metallic).

Yellow and white are recessive. You might get something totally different.

#9 ·
Yes I can attach pics, the male whom I would like to breed her with is on my avatar, he has changed a bit since this pic. He is a veil tail but its the color that I so love the white. He just is not interested in her or building a nest, have tried him several times.

So attached is the chocolate and the opaque

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.