Betta Fish Forum banner

My sweet rescued HM Betta!

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  JaspersANGEL 
#1 ·
So i got this betta fish at my nearby petco a few weeks ago. At first, I didn't knew it was a HM betta. It was marked as a VT. So the story starts when I was shopping for some food for my frys I have right now....(wasn't successful) and I wen't thew the betta selection which had some new bettas that I had never seen at the store before. My dad also gave me some time to let me pick a betta. I was dying to get a DT betta at thetime but they were sold out.....:( So I thought of looking for some bettas that are cheep (has to be below 8 bucks) and I found this pretty marble opaque VT betta. It didn't looked like that much of a VT but I looked alot like a delta tail. He had some taterd fins when i bought it, but thats all the meaning of recueing bettas. XD When I got home, keeping a secret from my mother and my annoying sis, I put the betta in a 1 gallon tank in my room. I started flaring him and it ended up being a HM! He has some ruff fins and scales (maybe when people put 2 bettas in a container in strores for fun) but I got a 13 buck betta for 4 bucks. SWEET!

So here are some pics I took now from his recovers. (he looks normal again!)
(flaring)

(not)

See less See more
#2 ·
Yep, thats deffinatly a HM, nice boy very pretty.

#5 ·
Wow nice! I got my HM/rosetail for the price of a Delta but for the price of a VT...you're lucky!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.