Betta Fish Forum banner

A nice fish but then I looked at price!

6K views 68 replies 28 participants last post by  CrazyDiamond 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Hopefully these sellers will realize one day that some of the prices they charge are INSANE and they will never sell the fish! Like the EE Aquastar has up for $1000! Just not worth it!

#8 ·
EE's can't even be shown! How the heck are they expecting to get that much for it? Sorry, I've got a price limit on everything that is entirely dependent on its lifespan. <10 yrs, $50 or less. People are crazy

#10 ·
would or has anyone ever paid that much for a betta? I see some other fish for sale for ridiculous prices like 1000 and I just don't get it.

#19 · (Edited)
You all have missed the why, for a second time....It's is a king/giant butterfly halfmoon fish that is damn near perfect, The seller is the only person I have seen with such a quality fish and has been breeding and culling hard to get those results........If it was my fish he would be priceless and I would not sell him at all, but if I were trying to sell him I would make sure people realised he was a king/giant and I would start the bidding at 200 and let the chips fall where they may...

#20 ·
I do agree with you, but some people do not see that. If I was looking around AB and saw a fish like that at 200 I would think nothing of it and leave because I'm not a breeder and I don't want a fish that is $200+ let alone $1,000!
Some people just buy for the fish, you would have to get just the right buyer.

#21 ·
Why would you assume we all missed the WHY? or don't know who the breeder is? Its not like Giants are all that rare either as I have a few myself. Its not priceless its overpriced. Not even the only one he has I guarantee you. It is price gouging plain and simple. I grant you that the value of something is whatever a fool will pay for it in the market. Nobody said it wasn't a darn nice fish.

#26 ·
Well I would pay 200 for one that nice, but 500 is a bit much for me, if I was a breeder, which I might become someday I want to do giants/kings I love my giants/kings I might pay that much for one to save me the work/culling of about 10 or so generations of breeding and culling to get fish that look like him, The guy who developed halfmoons to what they are spent 2 years of breeding to set the standard so yeah I am sure if he could have gotten a leg up and saved a ton of breeding and culling he would have.

#28 ·
What do you mean "I might pay that much for one to save me the work/culling of about 10 or so generations of breeding and culling" According to you the fish is priceless, so $500 is a steal! You kind of defeat your own point by saying you would only pay $200 on a priceless fish. You should bid on him now before the opportunity gets past you buddy :shock:

#33 ·
looks like a heated debate here.

i wouldnt pay that much for a fish either, chances are seller's raising a fuss to get attention to the lower priced fish. his other line is normally priced. i dont know if id pay 100 for a fish but if it had the right stuff (pet only) then id be tempted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.