Betta Fish Forum banner

Possible New betta

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  abby1000 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am so excited. I found a female betta for sale for $5.00 that this lady is selling (I guess she got tired of it). The only problem is she is in a really small fish bowl so I am going to have to try and find a suitable aquarium fast. I have a one gallon temp tank that will probably be bigger than the current hime but its still not big enough for a good long life. I also have to persude the husband to get a light, a heater, a heater, and a filter. I also found a 5 gallon tank for $10.00 I really hope that it is still available. That would be perfect. Jasper would probably like to flare at a pretty lady!

Do you think it would be okay to set her up in a 1 gallon temporarily? It has a small light bulb built in but I would probably need to get an air pump to get the bubbler working.

#2 ·
A 1 gallon is fine for a temporary tank. If she's been in a bowl smaller than that, it'll be an upgrade for her. Hope you can get her :)

Also, you don't need to use the air pump or bubbler, and if you want to, you could take it out if you can. It'll add more room for her to swim, and they already get air from the surface. Hope yo can get that 5 gallon tank as well, she'll love it. Good Luck.

#3 ·
I have 5 bettas at home,1 in one off i working ,2 in another off i working .
During the summer time my 5 bettas at home in 1 g tank with out filter and heater. And they are fine. 4 of my bettas about 2.5 y old. The bettas at the office's i am working live in 0.5 g tank. I change them every 7 days. They are about 2.5 y old.

#5 ·
I got her (I think its a her) and I also got the 3 1/ gal tank (the fella who was selling it mislabled it apparently.) She was in maybe less than a half gallon bowl and her water was filthy. Currently she's in the one gallon. I plan on cycling the new tank a little better than I did for Jaspers tank so I don't get those ammonia spikes.

She is almost a purple color with a red tinge around her tail fin. Pretty fish- doesn't really translate to pictures that well though. Maybe when I get a better light)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.