Betta Fish Forum banner

My Two Boys :)

685 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ajones108 
#1 ·
A lot of you have been wanting picture/video updates on Survivor (See thread in signature) so I decided to take a video of him whilst getting pictures of his tank, because I re-added gravel, a decoration, and a silk plant to his hospital tank since I felt bad for him. He's been pacing. And he's a bit peeved in this video because he sees a bloodworm that he can't get to.

Survivor

And... I took a couple photos of Shif as well. Shif hasn't been a very happy fish lately and earlier I thought he was stuck under the hornwort in his tank because he was laying on his side on the bottom underneath it. So I got onto his case about it and he swam up. --; Scared me. But here he is, taken with flash to see his underlying teal instead of his blue.

Here later that hornwort is coming out of his tank with a water change. I'm going to the pet store after yoga tonight. Hopefully he'll stop sulking around and be normal again.

See less See more
#3 ·
It was nice and green when it was put into the tank and I added plant food to help it along but they just.. shed and shed on the needles... I've got some growing in a 2.5 gallon tank. I just bought it last week. -.-

#4 ·
I HATE Hornwort!!!! The couple times I have tried it, it did nothing but shed, shed & shed some more & make a HUGE mess!!!! Grrrrr..............

Survivor is lookin' good, Kiddo & I LOVE his tent!!!

Sorry, can't help with Shif's tail. I've had some develop those pinholes also at different times, but it eventually went away with good tank maintenance (which I know you provide). No idea WHAT causes it - sorry I can't be more help!

#5 ·
It's all right Lion Mom. :) I love his tent, too. Although he hasn't warmed up to it yet.

Shif is being very strange... I'm incredibly concerned. He's not letting me do a water change, being impossible to scoop, and corner surfing in the bottom. His colour is still vibrant, he seems to be breathing heavily. I don't know what to do, I can't stress him by chasing him around with his cup and he refuses to swim into it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.