Betta Fish Forum banner

Oh No I did it again!!

2K views 45 replies 13 participants last post by  JaspersANGEL 
#1 ·
Well I'm officially a betta freak, I went to the Ottawa Ex with my friend, and coming out of an exhibit I saw a stand selling betta's.

I was in shock cause they were not selling them in ideal condition's, but atleast the cups they were in were bigger then pet'smarts. The water was clean, but it was cold out, so ya cold water.

The girl told me they came directly from Thailand and were still only babies, the one I got I think she said was the youngest, three months or so. She had this deal where u get a fish and everything to take care of it, not properly tho, I'll have to go get him a bigger home tomorrow or something. But she gave u the plastic aquarium thing, a net, some food, gravel and a very *useless care sheet* *lol* all for 30 bucks.
Is that to much for that type of deal?

So I came home with two stuffed animals and this handsome 'lil guy..so without any ado..I present to u Tex the delta tail..i think.

#4 ·
I know eh, that's what I thought when I saw him, he's aquabid quality. And I'm so happy I maybe got a betta breeder, or something not too far from where I live, she gave me her biseness card.

He's maybe still quite young, so for being a dragon I dunno, his scales don`t look like those of a dragon, the blue isn`t all over his body, just his back, so I dunno, I hope so..when he settle`s in he might change a bit.
What attracted me to him was his lil`mask tho, it`s really cute.

What do u think of his name... does it suit him...

#5 ·
He is really pretty and don't worry about having to many I have 5 now I never thought I would have that many lol.

#6 ·
I have three now with Tex, but it`s not the amount of fish I have, it`s wether I can take care of them, bigger tank, heater, thermometer, gravel..ect, oh and outlets, the energy it must use to run the tank.

#7 ·
Yeah its expensive, For deigo's tank I just got a 2 gallon jar from wal-mart it was 9 bucks I put a filter in it and it doesn't have a heater yet but it has a 3 dollar desk lamp I got from ikea a million years ago that is doing a good job at keeping his tank the right temp. I would actually suggest to save money if you have a wal-mart close by to get the jar its perfect and cheaper then a tank at a petstore and deigo LOVES it I also got him a little bowl and put it on it's side it cost 1.50 and looks great too I have a pic of it I can show you if you want.

#8 ·
I have a huge spot light on him now to heat his water, do u keep ur lamp on all night?
I'd love to see a pic yes!

#9 ·
I would but it gets really hot after awhile, tonight is his first night here so I will see if his temp drops alot.Hang on let me upload it from my camera I have been taking alot of pictures today with my two new boys lol.

#12 ·
Ok here is the jar and everything in it the collom was 1.50 at petco the plant was 2 something at my meijer idk if you have meijers in canada.and I got the mini bowl there too and the gravel was three bucks for a 5 pound bag which I used most of but not all of it.

#13 ·
I forgot you can't see the lamp cause it's behind the tank.

#14 ·
Hum, maybe it was just a one time thing, I used to work at Lansdowne as a security guard, and I worked the Ex a couple time's so I know for a fact that those booths change from day to day.

If that is true then I prefer that then to know those betta's where standing there for a week.

Yeah the betta's where 25, but the deal was 30 bucks, so for a few more u got the fish and everything to take care of it.

#15 ·
Wow nice set up, u got that clear jar at Walmart? What section?
All I noticed were the plastic storage bins, but I wanna be able to see my betta, so I steer clear of that ile when I'm looking for betta tanks.

#16 ·
@ bettalover: Thankx I love him too, it's hard to see in the pic's but the clear parts on his fins are actually black.

#17 ·
Yeah it's right by the dishes and silverwere stuff kind of in the kitchen area they said they were 12 dollars but none of them had a tag so they looked it up and they were 9.It comes with a lid too so now I have a random lid I have no use for lol.

#18 ·
Cool sweet! Now I just have to find out when the walmart opens, to go get him a proper home so I can sleep *lol* I'm to nervous to sleep his temp. is droping and he needs a heater quick.
So I'm up at 5:30 in the morning *ugh*

#24 · (Edited)
Well he made it through the night, his first night in a real nice home. I'm having breakfast and he ate two bloodworms as a welcome home treat, then I'm off to go find him something better. *lol*

#26 ·
Hehe thankx, what is the difference between a delta tail and a super delta tail?
Not that I think that Tax is a super, I just wanna know the dif.

#28 ·
Double tails look like deltas, but they have two caudal fins, like a VT, but one looks upside down, and you can actually see in some lower quality (like mine haha) where the muscle almost forms two tails as he swims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.