Betta Fish Forum banner

one question!

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
i have one and only one question to ask all of u.... how did you come up with the name for your betta/bettas? Storys here are excepted...

My bettas
Fire R.I.P - he was bright red and reminded me of fire
Kidomaru R.I.P - he was purple and i really liked the name (its from an anime show)
Demyx - really liked the name (from kingdom hearts)
Techno R.I.P - was listening to techno music and his color reminded me of the beats, always changing
Dragon R.I.P - not quite sure, just fit him i supose
Helios - hes gold in color, reminds me of the sun so he is named after the greek god of the sun
Cielo - he is clear/white colored, it reminded me of a cloud... cielo= cloud in spanish
Jazz - sorta like techno, thought his colors reminded me of jazz music
Storm - not quite sure either... his colors just reminded me of a storm, random and crazy

Hope everyone enjoys talking about their fishies names!!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Nimbus - he is white so I wanted to name him after a type of cloud.
Thor - I got him the same time as Nimbus so I wanted another weather type of name and Thor means Thunder.
Jasper - He is kind of named after Jasper from Twilight. I know, LAME:roll:. He looked like he had red blood splattered all over him when I first got him so I named him a vampire name. lol I also love the name too.
Terence - He is my daughter's fish and we named him after Tinker Bell's friend in the movie.
Tito - I was looking for a name that had to do with fire (he is red) and I came accross this and I loved it.
Taji - Taji means yellow and silver. I call him Taj for short which means crown. He is a yellow crowntail so the name is perfect.
Cannon - Well, he is a dark blackish brown color so I thought the name fit.
Leonidas (RIP) - He was a silvery color and someone suggested naming him Leonidas because it looks like he is in armor. :)

I knind of obsess over names... I was the same way when I was pregnant.

#4 ·
Woo! Go naruto fans! I saw that u named him kisame and I was wondering if u named him after the character from the show....Kidomaru R.I.P was named after one of the sound four

#6 ·
Yep! Idk why I named him that.... Kidomaru was like my favorite out of the sound four so I named my fish that... I'm random like that

#7 ·
Keep posting your fishy names and their stories everyone!

#9 · (Edited)
I knind of obsess over names...
me too. I love naming my pets.

Speedbump (RIP)- Was yellow it fit, but he came with his name.
Firefly- named after the show, but it also kinda fit his coloring and spring theme tank i felt like.
Firedrake- A synonym for dragon and he has a blood red body and a fiery themed tank
Lyre, The Golden Boy (RIP)- named after the greek instrument and he was a golden butterfly betta that reminded me of some mythylogical ancient greek something or other
Pegasus- He is pure white, named in memory of Lyre in a greek theme after the beautiful winged horse
Phantom- he was so good a seemingly disappearing even when there was only a heater in his section
Spartan- He is a black and red with some white tips and some green in his scales and he is a crowntail. wanted some fiery name to match his look.
I don't have a name for my last betta yet.

eta- I decided to name my last betta (the 2nd melano w/ blue) Knight. I got the idea from My Squishy's Leonidas. Mine reminds me kinda of a handsome knight in shining armor, so in a way my new one is named after Mr. Leonidas. :) But also, it is a play on the two words Knight and Night because his coloring reminds me of Night too :p

#11 ·
Awwww these names are rele cute! The stories behind them are rele cute too!

#12 ·
Alexander- Because I always thought it was a cute name and it means Protecter of man kind which is what I always think of him :]

Xavier- I named him that because....well no real reason just thought it was a cute name xD

R.I.P Shadow- I named him Shadow because he would spend hour...after hour chasing himself all around his tank.

R.I.P Bubba- He was named Bubba short for Bubbagump from the movie Forest Gump :]

#13 ·
I look up names online if I have to XD
Okay, all of my bettas- in order.

Darwin- I don't know. I got him when I was maybe eight or nine? He just seemed smart, and I thought the name suited him. Just popped into my head.
Clarise- Same with her! Don't know why. Just a name that suited her, popped into my head.
Polkee- he was goofy XD Named him after Gumby's horse, only I changed the spelling.
Augie- Again, don't know why! He was such a teeny fish and the name suited him.
Nereus- he is so graceful, and had such long, flowy fins when he wasn't a tail-biter when I got him! Nereus means "father of the sea."
Veles- He was playful, and Veles means "god of trickery."
Peanut- He was so tiny XD I believe Dramaqueen suggested his name.
Hattie- Don't know. Popped into my head. XD
Norm- I was watching Fairly Odd Parents to pass the time (wierd show) and it happened to have the genie Norm in that episode. I thought the name Norm just suited him.
Spiridion- He was pale with pretty much no color on his body. Looked like a ghost! Spiridion means spirit in Russian.
Tallulah-Faye- A name that reminds me of fairies. (It was a tie between the two, so I put them together.) Tallulah-Faye had a rather fairy-like demeanor- she was shy and secretive.

#15 ·
wow everyone's fishies have such creative names!!! I love them all!!

#16 ·
Reina- Someone suggested a royal name so I thought of Reina, since she is a crowntail and Reina means queen in Spanish.
Lola- Christina Ross named her. lol
Leilani- Hawaiian and means "heavenly flowers".
Makoto- Means sincerety in Japanese.
Julian- After my Mother's favorite jockey, Julian Lepereaux.
McGee- After the male owl from the owlbox in San Marcos, California.
Fernando-Another Spanish name I like.
Nina- Another Spanish name meaning little girl.
Morgan- Just another name I like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.