Betta Fish Forum banner

... what?

403 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Siamese Fighting Fish 
#1 ·
Ok so, my Betta is in a little.... 2 gallon or so, and my water thermometer reads 80 degrees, which is PERFECT for Bettas, but to the touch, it feels somewhat cold.

Is room temp. colder than it feels, or is my thermometer wrong.

#3 ·
Judging a temperature by how it feels is always so unreliable. Half the time I touch the water in my tanks and think, "Oh my god, it's so hot the heater must be malfunctioning!" and when I check it's 78. Other times, I feel the water and it feels ice cold, but the temperature reads 80. It all depends on what your room temp is, how cold you feel (ie if your hands are cold, the water will feel warmer than it normally would), etc.

#4 ·
Oh yeah definitely don't rely on touch. When I fill my bucket up for water changes I'll feel it with my finger and go, "WHOA! That's tooo cold!" then check it with the thermometer and it'll be 84*!!

It just depends on your body temperature and how cold your hands are that day. Heck, I can't swim in an 82* pool without shivering and freezing to death. But it's perfect for them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.