Betta Fish Forum banner

Male CT eating too much??

523 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Tali 
#1 ·
So i have a 10 gal community tank with some peaceful small fish, my betta, shrimp, snails and its heavily planted. My betta is very happy and has become even more beautiful since i got him. Heres my dilemma: I feed hikari micro pellets since i have small fish and my betta loves it! Problem is i think he eats too much :/ I feed 1x a day and skip a feeding once a week. Should i feed every other day? Hes the only fish that looks a bit fat... Is it bad that he eats too much?? Any advice would be great! thanks :)

#2 ·
It could be a bad thing... you dont want him to become to bloated tho. Now i have a question... my baby betta Comet ate a lot and he isnt going to the bathroom. Is that ok? He is still swimming and having fun tho.

#3 ·
i have 2 CTs that look bloaty with just one pellet eaten. it may be a case where too much of the community food is eaten by the CT or its just some CT are prone to the bloaty appearance.

out of curiousity, what are these small fish you have in the 10g?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.