Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM   #20651 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
Is it human nature to degrade others? Or is it human nature to be a magnet to such behavior?

I seem to always attract those type of people. I am a sensitive person. Even though I have thick skin to protect myself from those who I know will degrade me, I always find myself unprepared for the back-stabbing ways of the people I thought I could trust. I am seriously wondering if there is such a thing as friends in high school. I do have one friend whom I know I can trust because she's not a friend, she like a sister. But besides her, I can't trust ANYONE. Every time I do, I end up with tears and rejection.

The boy I've been interested in for three years and I have been talking and having fun talking again, but my "friends" have to go and demean it. They say, "Oh, he's just being friendly. He probably sees you like everyone else." My only friend is always telling me about how she catches this boy staring at me, but others say, "You're crazy, you need to stop talking to him."

First, it's my parents, and now the people I thought I could trust. It's not just crush-drama, it's also telling others my secrets and consistently beating on me.

It's sad to say that I probably have better relationships with the teachers I don't necessarily like over my "best friends".
I'll bet they're just saying that because they're jealous and want to be the apple of his eye. Definitely don't let them get to you. It seems like you both like each other. Entertain the idea ;)
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:12 AM   #20652 
Tress

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
Is it human nature to degrade others? Or is it human nature to be a magnet to such behavior?

I seem to always attract those type of people. I am a sensitive person. Even though I have thick skin to protect myself from those who I know will degrade me, I always find myself unprepared for the back-stabbing ways of the people I thought I could trust. I am seriously wondering if there is such a thing as friends in high school. I do have one friend whom I know I can trust because she's not a friend, she like a sister. But besides her, I can't trust ANYONE. Every time I do, I end up with tears and rejection.

The boy I've been interested in for three years and I have been talking and having fun talking again, but my "friends" have to go and demean it. They say, "Oh, he's just being friendly. He probably sees you like everyone else." My only friend is always telling me about how she catches this boy staring at me, but others say, "You're crazy, you need to stop talking to him."

First, it's my parents, and now the people I thought I could trust. It's not just crush-drama, it's also telling others my secrets and consistently beating on me.

It's sad to say that I probably have better relationships with the teachers I don't necessarily like over my "best friends".
I know where you're coming from, my high school experience was much the same.

Except for me the guy I liked had girls constantly crawling all over him - literally. Sometimes you could see that he was quite annoyed with them, but he was a quiet guy.. and still a guy >.>. One girl was obsessed with him and constantly trying to make him jealous, going over to his house and in general driving him nuts. He didn't like her at all, but again, never stopped her from showering him with affection.

Honestly I tried to just forget it and just kill those feelings, but by the time I had succeeded HE started buying for my attention. Sadly he only, finally, confessed to me when I was about a year into an online relationship. But during a break in that relationship I tried to rekindled that spark with him... seems though that time had burnt it out. So were just friends, but I know he's sure kicking himself for not acting on it and still holding out hope.

>.> he is such a good cuddler and smells so nice... *shakes fist* why must he be obsessed with MLP!!

I wish I didn't suck at relationships so much.
Tress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:25 AM   #20653 
Greenapp1es

Relationships are complicated, but they are what you make them.

They're probably more complicated for me than most, as I'm Asexual and pretty much Aromantic. So - I have a completely different frame of reference for what I want than what most people do.

I had one truly, truly awful relationship in my past - that was quite the learning experience. I tried to push myself into a "relationship box" that wasn't true to me because I thought it was expected. That wasn't the only problem, nor the biggest. But it was the one that I learned the most from.

Now, I have a best friend that is like a sister, and a roommate who I really care about. My roommate *would* be an ideal "relationship" for me, but I don't want to bring up that line of conversation because I don't want to make him uncomfortable where he *lives*, you know? Making that even more awkward is I'm pretty sure he has the same feelings, but seeing as a "relationship" for me would look so different than expected it's hard to try to communicate about what I would want without lots of baggage that I don't want being assumed.

I suppose I shouldn't complain, I already have about 90% of what I *WOULD* want in a relationship already in the friendship\living arrangement we have. I would just like him to know. And....to maybe cuddle on the couch occasionally. But that's not worth a misunderstanding.
Greenapp1es is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou