Betta Fish Forum banner

Humphrey the Giant

2K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  crowntail lover 
#1 · (Edited)
I went to PJ's today to get that delta boy, but he was sold... so I went to Big Al's and what did I see? A shelf-full of giants! They had been there about a month, one of the employees told me. They all had gorgeous fins, and were very active... except for this boy. He still acts young and looks young (he has a bit of fin damage) but I just fell in love with him. His face is so cute! He's so aggressive though... lol. He's about 3 inches long. I'm wondering if he still has some growing to do. He's much more active now though :)

I got a 2 gallon all set up, but I didn't know I was going to get this big boy! Luckily that 5.5 gal guppy tank I had cleaned out was ready to go.

I'm planning on breeding him once I find the right female.

Sorry about the size and quality of the pics!

Edit- More pics to come when he becomes more comfortable! He's so hard to photograph.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you both :) He has this big puppy mug, I'll try to get a clear picture of it when he stops swimming around all over the place...

I know he's nothing special but he's so... different lol.

Fleetfish, I think you should get her! Never seen a giant girl before.

#11 ·
Walmart has HUGE femlaes. I plan on getting a King Betta and breeding to my Walmart PK.

#13 ·
Oh yeah big difference! Kings are tiny compared to giants. Linda Olson had some giants that could probably eat a regular betta.

#15 ·
Update on Humphrey...

No more green! He's looking much better. I don't think you can tell with the pictures but he's acting like he's been here for most of his life. XD

Sorry about the quality- I used my dad's Nikon yesterday (and I shouldn't have, ehehe...) so I got caught and I'm stuck with my Fuji film that takes really crappy macro shots.

And I don't think he's a tradition PK afterall- his tail is more rounded... not sure.

#21 ·
Well I think he's pretty young.... very active and that bubblenest is getting bigger every time I see it. I'm hoping he'll grow at least another half inch.... but he's pretty big already (well, I consider him big at least, comparing to my other bettas XD)

I feel a little guilty because all that's in there (in terms of caves, etc) right now are two of my biggest mugs... I'm going to get some more decos soon though. He seems pretty content for now.

#22 ·
Hehe, he's so cute!

#23 ·
If he gets much bigger, he'd be able to eat any small female you try to breed to him XD.

And I'm sure he'll be fine. To a fish, a billion dollar super extravagant cave/rock formation isn't that much different than a big ol' mug or two... or at least I hope so because once the girls come for my sorority, mugs are pretty much the only cave decor they'll have until christmas when I get presents XD

#24 ·
That's what I like about fish; they can't complain, and are happy with whatever decoration/cave you give them (er... that we know of. XD Either way they're all so... quiet :lol:

And yeah... I'm thinking that. XD I'm going to have to find a really big girl when I want to breed him o_O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.