Betta Fish Forum banner

Elephant ear betta

6K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  Phaydra 
#1 ·
Is it a really betta or not? Pet Co has them but when I look them up online there is really no info on them.

#2 ·
They're really bettas, but they're a new type they tinkered up. There isn't too much info on them yet, far as I know(I only just discovered them a couple months ago myself). I did find a couple photos on google, but that's about it. LOL I have seen them though, they're pretty. I saw a pure white one, but I didn't get it because I know little about that type, being newer and all.

#7 ·
I think they are pretty! The boy in my avatar to the left was a big ear. I had him exactly one year then he died. He was probably 1 year and 4 months old. I don't know if he died young because of his new type or because of my newbie care.

He was a fast swimmer and no different than any other betta in personality.

#13 ·
You can Google Dumbo betta and you might find more info on EEs and big eared bettas. I have 3 EEs, though Joven leans more towards just big eared then true EE. I would like to breed Hector at some point though if I could find a female as purple as he is.

Hector, Jovan, Sebastian

Attachments

#17 ·
EE's are pretty but when I went to get a new beta yesterday my boyfriend didn't like the EE's, claiming they looked "unnatural". I agree with this but they're just so cute! I left with a gorgeous red/salamander HMPK which I think has some EE genes because his pectorals are half red/half clear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.