Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #641 
givemethatfish

I had that on/off switch problem on one of my Spec V tanks. Fluval sent me a replacement night with no problem, and the new one works fine.
givemethatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:57 PM   #642 
shooter

All set up and just waiting for Bruce to arrive from Thailand in a few days!

2.8 gallon fluval spec
[IMG][/IMG]

The mod I did to reduce the flow strength:
[IMG][/IMG]

And the surface skimmer to reduce bio-film and also discourage Bruce from resting against the intake grate:

And last but not least - Bruce...
[IMG][/IMG]
shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:53 PM   #643 
griffinhot

Shooter,

Bruce is strikingly, good looking. I'm sure he will enjoy
your well planted tank. Good fortune with him.
griffinhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:24 PM   #644 
sniffindaisies

oh my goodness, Bruce is beautiful. I had that same skimmer (did they send you a swedish fish in the box too? lol) and it didn't work for keeping my fish off the grate OR keeping the surface clear. I really hope it works for you! The weirdest thing is that the protein film in my tank didn't start developing until after I'd had the fish in it for a couple of months. My naive side is hoping it will eventually disappear. ha.
sniffindaisies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:27 PM   #645 
shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffindaisies View Post
oh my goodness, Bruce is beautiful. I had that same skimmer (did they send you a swedish fish in the box too? lol) and it didn't work for keeping my fish off the grate OR keeping the surface clear. I really hope it works for you! The weirdest thing is that the protein film in my tank didn't start developing until after I'd had the fish in it for a couple of months. My naive side is hoping it will eventually disappear. ha.
Well for me it did get rid of the unsightly bio-film overnight and it hasn't been back. Bruce isn't here yet though, so I have no idea if he will be a grate-rester or not. And yes, it came with a swedish fish! LOL
shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:24 PM   #646 
glima3388

Dope Betta Shooter.

Anyone have the links or page numbers for the tube/filter mods?
glima3388 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, fluval, nano, planted, spec