Betta Fish Forum banner

Fancy HM x Fancy koi HM

70K views 827 replies 33 participants last post by  logisticsguy 
#1 ·
Yay! I have some fry from this pair. Now to get them grown up. This is my favorite male with my favorite female so Im excited about it. The father is Superman and Mom is Binky my lil sweetheart girl. Here are a few pics of this pair.

See less See more
#732 ·
Oh you can spawn in water this hard but it is just more difficult. Heck Ive spawned in it but this a factor in the breeding of many fish species in my area. The water chemistry varies alot depending on where you live for sure. Ive done the numbers and a much more perfect spawn water would be a 50-50 split between my tap water and pure water. This change will take the fish days to adjust to so it has to be part of my conditioning process. Ial works but it takes days for the tannins to really start coming out and breakdown of matter so it needs to be added early before fish or mixed in as a concentrate. I like the tea because I control the strength with little variation.

#746 ·
Fishies!

Slight update on Styxx - some black/blue's coming back >> See if eh does the all black thing like the others.

And~ have you deleted some messages in your inbox so I can spam your inbox again? xD
Oh that would be interesting with styxx! Yes Ive cleaned up pm box I may have missed some so sorry if not got back to you.

I will see what I can do royal having computer problems, photobucket more...I will try.

#745 ·
Can you possibly post a pic of my pair? I know your photobucket isn't working, so it's totally fine if you can't. I just want to see if they've changed at all. Thanks!

#752 ·
NLS grow of course :) Turning Micro into Macro lol. When I drop off to you she will be jarred for her saftey. She has grown a lil thankfully since jarred and gets to be the cernter of attention for all the jarred boys showing off. You would not believe how they take turns doing "the strut" in the jars. Its funny to watch the little shows that go on in there.

#751 ·
Small proportions. The bettas we would breed are both the runts of their "litter". No one has really recorded or documented anything like this in splendens so we would make it up as we go hahaha. If it does work it will take us a while to get stable genes. It would be pretty neat. We could also make a fortune;-).

#753 ·
Well we would need to work a long time on selecting the smallest of the spawn, the bettas are just rants they may or may not catch up, it would not be a deformity just a smaller betta, not stunted. we would select the smallest and start from there.
It will take a long time but will I believe be doable.
Anyways Teeney is not too tiny anymore.

#754 ·
The first spawn will probably have to be in the summer so that they are both mature! I believe it is doable. It's simple selective breeding. Just guessing here, but I believe it will work something like this-

1)MicroxTeeny. Two runts breeding together, average amount of runts expected.
2)Next few generations- number of runts goes up.
3)Almost all runts (f5?)
4)Decreased adult size
5)Smallest selected until we get small, stable bettas

So yea, it will take a while. And somewhere along the way we will have to outcross to another unrelated runt.

Btw bb123 are you spawning over spring break?

#755 ·
Yes I will spawn over spring break, either Venus and Jake or Marble and Peanut.
We will need to see but it will most likely be Marble and Peanut, they are both showing signs of being ready.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.