Betta Fish Forum banner

Hmm... Pondering this...

724 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ChelseaK 
#1 ·
Some may remember my post about a questionable betta I bought from a petco (whether it was male or female) Well, my little Alice has proven to be quite MANLY. And such He has such beautiful marbling, and the girl I bought at the same time does as well, I was considering breeding them. One problem. Their tails!

Layla (Girl) I'm pretty sure is a veiltale female. Al, however, I've deduced is a plakat. I know I have homes for the fry (heck I have plenty of room for girls!) but would this be a bad idea? Would it make it a really bad idea to breed a second generation of this cross?
Opinions?
Thank you!

#2 ·
Do you have pictures of both of them? I don't think there is anything wrong with breeding for experience as long as you do a lot of research, and have a clear plan for the fry once they are grown.

Veiltail is dominant, but it is also just the long fin version of a traditional plakat. So you'll most likely get a combination of veiltails, traditional plakats and some tails that are somewhere in the middle like a roundtail

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.