Betta Fish Forum banner

Water change question

523 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sarahspins 
#1 ·
Hey guys...so ive been working my tail off this week and ive been doing my 60% water changes in 4 tanks every other day (they are 3.5 gals with heat and filtration, been running a week, anubias, java, mint charlies and sprite). Tonight I am down right exhausted and its water change night...I really want to skip tonight and just do them in the AM...do you think it will be okay or should I seriously just push to do it...gah I just wanna sleep. Anywho I thought id ask..I dont want them to sick.

#2 ·
I think it would be fine if you did it overnight. And why even chance the water when you have a filter? I only change my 10 gallon tank once a month cuz i got a great filter.

#3 ·
thanks mermaidz. My tanks arent cycled yet so im trying to keep the ammonia down with the water changes for the month. Perhaps im doing to many and the BB isnt building? I havent tested. I figured with 60% water changes every other day I didnt really need to test as I was keeping them safe with the water changes and poop scooping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.