Betta Fish Forum banner

Is this velvet

528 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kfish 
#1 ·

so, I know that they aren't the best pictures, but my camera is not very good, nor are my photography skills. Anyway, to the point. I haven't had him for very long, and I do have a tendency to get paranoid.. Hence why I'm seeking some other opinions about whether or not he has velvet. So, some background.. He was originally in a half gallon bowl for about 5 days. 2 days ago I moved him into a divided ten gallon tank and got another betta. He was so much happier from the moment I moved him in then he was in the bowl. He swam around a lot more and seemed really active. Yesterday I added two Japanese algae eating shrimp, one on each side. Now, I know it has only been a day, but today both my bettas are a lot less active. The one in the pictures has been laying on the bottom for most of the day and the newest Betta stays hidden behind some roman columns I have on his side. I thought they might not like the shrimp, so I took them out since the bettas are my priority, but I just noticed what I thought might be some gold flecking so I thought I would post some pics and get some second opinions.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.