Betta Fish Forum banner

New Betta's! I gotta stay out of the stores!

633 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  mattoboy 
#1 · (Edited)
Any help with colorings would be greatly appriciated! & if the girls aren't veintails please let me know! I want to know what I have!
This is Fin, he's a royal blue with redwash veintail.

here is Little Girl, purchased last week b/c I felt so sorry for her being so small & stressed out.

This is Minnow; came from the same petstore as Little girl & probably the same fry actually. I felt sorry for her b/c she looks way to skinny.

This is Peakaboo; came from another pet store. I went in there b/c a friend said they had Marimo Moss Balls, then she opened her mouth and said they have a tank dedicated to a veintail sorority.... ya I saw her hanging out in the back of the tank all alone and said please net her & add her to my purchase.

And then this is Pretty Boy; he was marked as a special SuperDelta. I asked what was so special and they said his markings are very unique. I said I'll take him. I know that the shipment had just arrived from Sinapore that morning and in the evening they were out on display. came from same store as Peakaboo

Oh and I've just settled on 2 of evilVOG'S Giant HMPK X Giant PK, female runts I'm so excited!
another dream is coming true,
1st a betta male community & soon I will have 2; once Pretty Boy is less stressed & is more active he'll be moving to his own 5 or 10gal tank (depends on if he gets alot more active)
now a female sorority! If I want to add the 2 females I really want (red & white SuperDelta, & a black and white crowntail I'll have no choice but upgrade to a 20gal.... hmm maybe I should just upgrade now & then if Pretty Boy doesn't get more active I can divide the tank & get another quiet male.....

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello there. I saw the title and had to look and see if it was mine, LOL. I too need to stop looking because I do not have any more room to put tanks or even large containers. But seems like our stores finally did get in a shipment that had some beauties in it. I made myself wait tho and perhaps I will allow grand daughter to get one of her choice that I will have to keep for her. Together we could fill any place up fast with fish. You have nice ones.

#3 ·
Thank you joyfish! I'm so thrilled to be back into betta's & my older 2 kids can always be found with their fingers or noses to the glass of 1 tank or another. & The baby loves to be held infront of the tanks so he can look & point.

#5 ·
:-D or should it be :-? :oops:....
I believe kids should be raised with animals, they teach us so much & are amazing "friends"
We also have 2 cats, 2 basset hounds, a french lop (giant) rabbit & a clydesdale/mustang X horse.

#6 ·
Beautiful fish! Also no offense but it's not "veintail" it's veiltail.

#7 ·
I am horrible for that I always do that! Thanx for correcting me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.