Betta Fish Forum banner

Is it okay that my Betta dosen't eat his food and instead he eats tropical fish food?

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Kassidy47 
#1 ·
Is it okay that my Betta dosen't eat his food and instead he eats tropical fish food?I try to feed him betta pellets but he steals the platies food.:-?

#2 ·
Bettas are tropical fish so its fine its really good so switch his food up in the am feed pellets in the pm feed flake food or in am feed brine shrimp and feed freeze dried blood worms is always good to change it you wouldnt want to eat patatos everyday for your whole life i give mine all kinds of stuff.

Reactions: avraptorhal
#6 ·
You dont have to change it a lot i just notice it bring's out there color when there not just eatting the same thing everyday there happy and healthy so they look pretty for you.

#11 ·
Lol I have this same problem. He eats all his food then eats 90 percent of the platies food. The platies are to afraid of him to go up and eat until he is done.

#12 · (Edited)
Are they in the same tank and if so how big is it ? Its not a good idea that he is eating his and their food too, overfeeding is never good ! Just be sure your Betta doesnt get bloated from eating to much that can be a problem from eating to much, Their tummies are very small like the size of their eye.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.