Betta Fish Forum banner

Swish :S

478 views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  djembekah 
#1 ·
so last night i noticed that Swish had done some serious damage to his tail. like shredded it worse than he ever has before, but that was the only damage i noticed. i figured it was boredom, and am planning to put him in the 29gallon after it cycles.

he looked about the same this morning, tail possibly already starting to grow back a little. i made plans to put him in aquarium salt when i got home from the store.

so i return from the store, sit on the computer for a bit, then clean a little, then go to check Swish more closely than i had when i first got home. and suddenly he has this streak, almost like a gold-ish head band going from the top of his right gill around down the other. his gills dont look good. so like i planned, i did the change with the aquarium salt, and now he acclimating back in to his 1 gallon tank.

im not sure what this could be- i can try to take a picture but i make no promises that it'll be any good....should i do the aqua salt treatment like i planned?

#5 · (Edited)
okay some of the scales look like they're a different color, but some of them definitely look like they've been scraped away. also it looks like under his...chin? its always looked lighter than the rest of it. idk i am hopeful. i'll keep him in aquarium salt i think, for a week....ugh ugh ugh. some of it looks like color change but since he seems to have scraped at it, it might not be.

doesnt look like anything is on the scales though.

#10 ·
So Swish is looking better everyday with the aquarium salt treatment, even after only a few days. I don't think its a color change, but he's still as fiesty as ever. I'll keep him on the treatment until at least next Tuesday. He's obviously a tough guy ^-^ i adore this little guy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.