Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I have 4 betta fish that need a new home...Help!

5K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Romad 
#1 ·
Hey so I am the process of moving 14 hours away(from NY to Kentucky) and need to find a home for my 4 remaining betta fish. I originally had 4 betta fish and got 2 a home but while at Petco about a month ago I found 2 betta fish that were on the verge of dying so i purchased them and broguht them home. Unfortunately, there recovery has been slow as both have shredded tails. Then I have my 2 fave betta fish I need to get a home. One is a tail biter no matter what you do so his tail is chewed down but the other one is perfect. If anyone is interested and lives on Long Island, I need to ge them a home. Thanks!

#2 ·
Where are you in Long Island?

#3 ·
Although this is the best place to Rehome them, If it came down to it you can most a posting on craigslist.org.

#6 ·
Hey thanks for the interest, I never shipped fish before so I don't know if that would be a good option for me, plus I am unemployed now so I will not be able to fund the shipping. Thanks though and I will try to get pics up tomorrow. I need to get good ones.

#10 ·
You live 2 hours from me, if you would be willing to meet somewhere in the middle (maybe white plains or yonkers?) I would take them :)

#12 ·
Sorry guys I have been really busy as I am packing, having family problems, unemployed, and so forth....but yea I think I can meet you in between. I am torn about keeping the one though as I do like him a lot and he was my first betta fish. The other 3 were rescues that I have been nursing back to health but the one's tail hasn't gotten much better. Just when I thought it was getting better, it looks like its being nipped now.

#13 ·
Send me a PM and we will work out the details :)

#15 ·
Sorry for the long delay but I have had many issues come up. I am unemployed at the moment and trying to get a job where Ill be moving, lined up so I can start working as soon as I get there. Then I have some personal issues taking up most of my day as well as physical therapy and such....but anyway I should have pics up later tonigh.

thanks

#17 ·
Here are the pics, sorry had to bother a camera phone that took decent pics as mine wasn't working right.

As you can see, the first one I bought has serious finnage problems but said halfmoon on the cup, so I decided to buy him and try to get his fins to grow back. It looks like its getting better than how he was. The 2nd one, is almost perfect with its finnage and is a black double tail betta, and the last one was sold in a halfmoon cup but was nearly white when i got him and couldn't swim much thanks to his fins being seriously shredded. He now has some color and looks to be greenish in color, but as you can tell I haven't been able to get his fins to heal as quickly as I was hoping. They are great betta's and need a home. I have another one but I am on the fence about getting rid of him as he was my first and is a beautiful double tail half moon mustard betta. I still might get rid of him too as I won't have an apartment for a month so i got to stay by sister's till then, and she has a few small children that get into trouble. So I am worried that they might accidently knock the lil guy over or so forth.

Oh and bare in mind they are only in the divided tanks shown in the pic as of recently as I am nearing my move date and packing everything into the truck for the move.

#19 ·
Yay!

Good luck to you in your new situation!

Reactions: rckstr1253
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.