Betta Fish Forum banner

Happy Tails Betta Rescue Facebook Page

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  LadyVictorian 
#1 ·
So Happy Tails is going to be my betta rescue and I know someone mentioned having a facebook page so people could follow me/potential future adotptees and keep updates on the rescues and everything. I'm getting underway on putting it together but I need help on what I should add on there that will be great for betta experts and novises. I was thinking of basic betta caresheets and topics and everything, well basicly here it is. i'll just put it up.

Betta Care
Fun Facts about Bettas
Updates on Rescues
Pictures of adoptable fish
Awarness on how others can help betta's in petshops without rescuing
Betta awarness on ethical treatment of bettas (news articals, anyt interesting links I can post)
Scientific reseach and study done about betta's to further betta owner knowledge
List of fish compatable with betta's and prefered tank sizes for such comunities to be in
Nitragen Cycle outline, how it works, how to set it up
Best brands for betta stuff, food, gear, tanks
Nutritinal facts on betta's, what sort of treats, how many to feed, how often, fasting information.

What else can I add to aid in not only making this a great place to adopt betta's but also a great place for new owners to find much needed information? I will also give out NO information on betta breeding as my rescued betta's i do not want to be bred ever because they are petshop stock. I don't want their owners to support the idea of breeding such fish who came to me in sickly states so no breeding info to prevent it from getting into some silly novice fish keepers head who will cause health issues to the fish they adopt by not doing things correctly.

See less See more
#7 ·
I have liked through my page as well. Have you tried taking a look at other betta rescues and modeling after them? I would check out Tiny Hearts Betta Rescue (and their San Antonio chapter) and MoonShadow Betta Rescue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.