Betta Fish Forum banner

Introducing.......

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  eaturbyfill 
#1 ·
I am realising I should have formally introduced myself proir to posting my first post, my apologies.
I live in Ontario Canada,I am a childcare supervisor,I ventured into the Betta world when I bought a VT betta for one of my classrooms as a pet,of course I fell in love with "Merle", Initially I bought (on the advise) of the store clerk a too small container(I pushed for the 1.0g as it was), so out I went to get a bigger tank after researching and learning alot from this site. When I was at another pet store getting a 2.5 g tank and other supplies, so I mosied over to the bettas, and I fell in love with a striking blue/green irridescant VT named "Finnegan" and convinced myself I needed one for my office.....do I need to say anymore.;-) Long story short
Merle is sharing a divided 5g tank with another VT named "Bubbles" in the Kinder classroom, and the new tank and Finnegan are on my desk.I am currently stocking up on live plants and love that aspect too.....

This hobby(Bettas and Plants) is very addicting, I am continually looking at bettas and bigger tanks every chance I get....so far I have been very good an not caved in yet and bought more!!!! I need to stay strong

#2 ·
You can prevail.

Butthenhowcananyoneresistsmore?

#3 ·
Welcome! I think we all understand that addiction... It's hard on the wallet but hey, they are worth it, aren't they? xD
I spent over $200 within weeks after joining this site, and also acquired a new betta. I hadn't a clue I could make their lives so much better.
So, personally, I don't think this site helps with curbing the addiction, but you do learn lots and it's fun to meet other betta lovers (and show off your own bettas), haha!

#4 ·
Thank you for the kind welcome

Exactly what I was trying to say, I can't believe the pull that these little beings have on your heart ...... I wonder what weighs more....are we attracted to them because we are being selfish(someone needs us to survive), OR are we in it for how they react to proper,healthy enviroment and their personality.....LOL
either way I am TOTALLY committed to these bettas......I never thought I was a fish person.....until NOW.....yikes

#9 ·
Thank you Laki, I will definately take a pic of them , when I go back to work on Monday.
I see you are from NL, would love to visit the rock someday,got as far as NS, and was impressed with it, such beautiful country out that way, I love the ocean and its scenary

#10 ·
Yes thank you!! I am currently in my hate-atlantic-canada phase which is seasonal and based on the wet slushy cold but come sometime in the summer!! It's beautiful. My bf is from Nova Scotia so we go up every Christmas and sometimes in the summer. I love it there. There is a lot more happening in NS and that's saying a lot!! lol
I want to move to either Nova Scotia or Southern Ontario when I'm done school.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.