Betta Fish Forum banner

H20 changes?

365 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Satsi 
#1 ·
Hi! I'm new on this forum, but not new to fish keeping. I have had Betta fish and gold fish before, so I'm not really a newbie to this stuff, but something peculiar has happened to my newest Betta.

The past two times we have performed a water change he has begun floating on his side and exhibiting signs of either constipation or swim bladder disease. After 24 hours of his body floating on his side and not being able to go to the bottom of the tank, he gets completely better.

He has a diet of blood-worms (I suspect this might be part of the problem). I've tried so hard to get him to eat other foods but he wont (I keep on trying though...)

He lives in a large bowl, give him water changes once a week

I give him Betta water. I also store it at room temperature so that its the exact temp. as his bowls water. The water in my apartment is too hard so its just easier for me to buy him pre-treated water ya know...

He is vibrant and healthy... he just has this issue...

Also... his bowl is like 3 gallons

See less See more
#3 ·
In the 3gal- water temp, filter, live plants, how much are the weekly water changes, type of additives used, when you say hard tap water being the reason you can't use the tap...how hard....what is the pH, KH/GH......

Tell us how you are making the water changes since this seems to happen after a water change......if you remove him for the water changes-how are you re-acclimation him back to the tank....

Can you post a pic....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.