Betta Fish Forum banner

True Dorkdome - 3D Betta Fish

Tags
render
4K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  BlakbirdxGyarados 
#1 ·
By trade, I am a relaxed, self employed 3-D modeler and illustrator. I've worked professionally and I now enjoy a laid back lifestyle working as I please artistically while I take care of pets with a local pet sitting company.

While working on other things, I decided my new found love for betta fish should influence some of my work and thusly... that's what has happened. :)

I intend to make a little breeding game with these guys. I referenced a fish I found on aquabid and one I saw in petco that I really, really, really wanted but don't have space for. :/

Feel free to critique! I can take it, as long as you're constructive and polite. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm guessing you can't put the ventrals close together at the base? I mean... they kinda look like legs. xD

Really though, this is awesome. Halfmoon, I take it?
I honestly hadn't noticed the ventrals' spot they came from. I can totally put them coming out together from the base. Thank you for pointing that out!

And yes, the one I saw at petco was a halfmoon. F---ing gorgeous halfmoon. .___. I want it. Ugh.

#9 ·
Bowchicka wow wowwww, what kinda game is thhaatt?! ;P

Haha, hes cute.

The ventrals, yes, do come from the spot under the head. Think of it like an upsiodeown triangle from their eyes, (the base), whos point is where the fins go.

The other thing is their mouths arent really where you think theyd be, theyre on the top of the snout-looking part of the face. In almost a permanent frown, this help them nom food at the surface of the water.

#19 ·
May I make a suggestion?What I mean is by making the water gleam a little like maybe sparkles something that gives the effect that the betta is possibly warming in the tropical sun? What would also make it a tad more realistic would be making the dorsal fin a bit smaller. It's fantastic though I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 ·
I love the 3d fishie!!! Though, I'm going to try and secure an Ipad for my kitten, I don't think that conditioning her with the imprint of catching Betta is horribly appropriate. Must be some wild fish people don't keep in their homes.

Maybe someday a 3d aps on iPad for cats?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.