Betta Fish Forum banner

Soo annoying

902 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  dipsydoodlenoodle 
#1 ·
I bought a new tank about a month ago and seriously wish I had never set eyes on the thing. Its fairly big, 6.5 UK gallons but it was £20 just for the tank and no added extras like filter, etc but what annoyed me the most was that there was no light and no place to install one either, so now I'm stuck with a tank I hate and can't return it cause stupidly I set it up lol :evil: i hate myself sometimes haha

Anyone else had an experience like this, where you buy something on the spur of the moment and then regret it?

#2 ·
All the time, and with stuff other than fish supplies as well. xD

#4 ·
Hey,another tank is another tank for the collection :lol:.
Have you thought of getting a clamp on one like the ones for the "arc" tanks?.You can get cheap chinese versions off E-bay.If it has a hood,you can always buy a light to fit into it ( I did the same when I bought a acyrlic bow front tank off ebay for £2.50 (for tank 3),it had no light or heater but had a elite filter.I bought a after-market light to fit the hood.Though after a bad start and 2 fish deaths it got put away in my shed and I got a Aqua-mode 300 semi-circular tank for £20 on ebay and used the filter for that for tank 3 :))

Tomsk

edit for link : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140454306112 this type etc

#5 ·
Lol, it happens to the best of us. I do kind of a weird thing to light my unlighted tanks and supplement lighting on my planted tanks.. I have two floor lamps similar to this one: http://common2.csnimages.com/lf/1/h...t+Floor+Lamp+in+Steel+with+Colored+Shades.jpg --except less tacky, of course--I put 60watt fluorescent bulbs in each head and point it down into the tank. It's great for giving your plants a noon-day burst, and you can point it down into unlighted tanks as well. Plus these things are like $20 at Target. Super cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.