Betta Fish Forum banner

Ahem...new art!

6K views 66 replies 21 participants last post by  PhilipPhish 
#1 · (Edited)
I made these, please enjoy and comment : P

oh yeah I went to a Thai restaurant last nite and there was a cute koi painted on my rice bowl. I made my own :)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks!!!
Yes but I made the water color on Paint ( computer ) I wanna pick up india ink today maybe... the koi is sharpie and Ryu portrait is ColorPrism colored pencils :) I have won 3 major art awards in the past.

#5 ·
I'm not from Texas, but I do proudly live here. *Prismacolor pencils sorry

#7 ·
The last picture is what I have on my food bowls XD...I can't read the second character in the second word...is it katakana u or hiragana tsu? Kazoki is an interesting name :p Yotsumo maybe? hmm

#9 · (Edited)
lol yes is used microsoft paint but for the black and white paintings only. The vibrant one is the prismacolor pencils : ) haha I made up my own japanese name Kasoki Yotsumo because I couldnt translate Larsa Richins in japanese. IDK what the red stamp thing says, I saw every asian painting had one so I made a red box and scribbled in it!!! LOL I wanted it to look authentic, but I actually know no japanese or anything XD I hope they still look good- its my first attempt with the asian style paintings : )

The reason why I love asian stuff is because my spouse and I became financially unstable ( in the negitives ) and I got The Chan Chu money frog at a store. Literally the next full moon ( exactlly like the legend ) which was a day ago I got a great paying full time job with health insurance and my spouse is getting $900 dollars. So I fully believe in those legends and appriciate asian artwork. My apt is already chock full of anime, pokemon stuff, and is soon getting full soon of my paintings,chinese tea sets, and Im getting a kimono from japan today at a closing Earthbound :)

#16 ·
lol yes is used microsoft paint but for the black and white paintings only. The vibrant one is the prismacolor pencils : ) haha I made up my own japanese name Kasoki Yotsumo because I couldnt translate Larsa Richins in japanese. IDK what the red stamp thing says, I saw every asian painting had one so I made a red box and scribbled in it!!! LOL I wanted it to look authentic, but I actually know no japanese or anything XD I hope they still look good- its my first attempt with the asian style paintings : )

Larsa = Rarusa (or Rarusaa depending on how long you pronounce the a)
Richins = Richinsu

Rarusa Richinsu = ラルサ・リチンス
or
Rarusaa Richinsu = ラルサー・リチンス

Written in Katakana script because it's an "English" word. Translation is a little difficult, and I feel lazy right now XD! The dot in the middle is kind of like a space in English

As for the red box, the artist has a wax or regular stamp of their name written creatively in the box (or uncreatively, like mine OTL). You just stamp it when you're done, it's like a signature! You have to keep it in a locked box so nobody can steal it :D

#12 ·
Thanks :3 I got india ink today so I can stop using Paint on my computer. I saw a cute japanese and chinese art kit at Earthbound when I picked up my kimono but didnt get it... it had like 7 brushes, ink, and a soap stone. : /

#15 ·
Neat! I had never heard of the Chan Chu Toad God before seeing your post. I am glad you and your husband pulled through your hard times and are now doing great! I love your art too!

If you ever get really bored and want to create something with your new ink PM me. ;) Btw- I am not expecting you to, and I never ask anyone seriously because people get bombarded with requests and have work and life to deal with. Great work though!

Best wishes to you and your family

#17 ·
sorry for the delayed reply! Working full time keeps me very busy working overnite and sleeping during the morning and day :)

Thank you all for the nice complements! I appriciate them a lot. I will draw and color your betta on the next day I have off! Dont think I forgot ; )

As for the japanese characters I cant see them on my phone ( squares! ) but hey thats what google is for : P

*** Im just throwing this out there, buuuuut New Life Spectrum Betta Formula REALLY works!!!! My bettas are a lot more vibrant. Sakura now has pale shimmery yellow where her pale coloration was, Kasumi is more aqua blue and flashes green hues, and Izume my pale white betta has shimmery pale mint green streaks in his fins. Ryu has always been vibrant but his colors are enhanced. : ) : ) : ) I immedietly saw a color vibrance and happier, chipper bettas! The food has pellets that are random sizes small enough for my baby girls and chunks for my boys.

#18 ·
Rosefoo- I have your request! The purple was hard to blend with the blue without turning out dark but I reeaaallly like this one!!! I hope it looks just like your betta :p Plus my phone images are teenee so I was hard to see detail.

#22 ·
Rosefoo, im happy to hear you love it!

Peaches3221 your image is quite fuzzy. If yopu can manage to get a clear photo id be more than happy to draw your fishie!

#24 ·
When I grow up? LOL im 20 and I work full time at Wallyworld. ; ) I would like to get into art school in a few years when I save up enough. Theres an asian art museum south of me in Dallas and I want my art to get into there. I also want to be a paleontologist but thats way more expensive :(

#25 ·
Oh wow! I love your work! so life like and super detailed! Do you work with pencil only or work with other medias like watercolor or paints? I would love to have a portrait done of my white HMPK. Im not so good with realism but i cant complain.

#27 ·
I have the next 4 days off work :) I can make more art! I can do a few portraits if anyone wants their fishy drawn! Post some pics please :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.