Betta Fish Forum banner

This is the beginning of the End...

2K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  CodeRed 
#1 ·
This addiction. And Im not sure how OK I am with it :shock:. I blame the office...

About a month ago we got a betta for the office (I work in a bank... they thought It would be a good conversation piece... and he is). He has a TON of personality, something I didnt realize fish had. Well it inspired me to get one of my own (hey, they can live in a small vase, right? RIGHT?!). So one night, walking through Wal-Mart sometime after midnight we came accross the bettas, and decided to get one. Brought him home and put him in a large vase. After about two weeks I noticed that he just seems bored. Hes got personality, but he was sulky. So I hopped online to do some research. Thats when (thankfully!) I came across you guys! I realized how much more my Betta actually needed, and pulled out our old 5.5 gal and "Sandshark" filter. He now Zooms around everywhere! No more lethargic, bored fishy! His favorite place is to hide under his filter. Hes such a little fruitcake.

Well this morning I went to Petco to get some plants and a gravel vaccum for him... and I ended up coming home with a second Betta. *sigh*. He is currently in a gallon bowl for quartentine, but soon will share the 5.5 gal with my other Male (divided, of course!)... So starts the addiction...

The first is "Lucifer"... A red Veil Tail with metallic green fin tips... he started it all...

and now we have "Giovanni"... a Delta Tail. He has a metallic purple body with yellow/gold fins that are metallic purple tipped... very unique looking.

(Sorry this got so long winded... but...) without further ado... The Boys!

See less See more
#6 ·
Haha. You're doomed now. It starts with one, then you see another and go, "Oh, I like him too..." And then you've got five tanks, a betta in each one, and everyone thinks you're insane. It's okay, though! This is normal behavior! xD You've caught the betta bug, with no known cures.
By the way, your Delta is gorgeous! And the red one looks like my Ace. Only Ace doesn't have very pretty fins, and probably never will. Poor boy xD
Anyways, good luck with the boys!

#10 ·
Mustard gas delta!!! Me want!!!! Uh!!! That's it!! I'm gonna skip school tomorrow, sneak into all your houses and still your bettas!!

#15 ·
Beautiful fish!!! I especially love the DT :)

I started with 1 as well...now I have 4 and am looking foward to more in the near future....

#16 ·
Ugh you guys... I did it again... I bought another Fish...

His name is Alejandro... Hes a Crown Tail... you can see him in my avatar...

Im finished... for REAL this time. :p

#18 ·
That's just what I said after my 3rd boy. I just got a new tank for my b-day so will be shopping for my 4th betta later today.

Alejandro is gorgeous. And I love the name :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.