Betta Fish Forum banner

Other Fish Photos

94K views 679 replies 95 participants last post by  firemage 
#1 ·
A place to share your non betta fish photos :)

My school of red eyed tetras, I love these guys and wish I had room for more of them.

My huge female scissor tail, she's between 3" and 4". The male is in the background, He's only slightly shorter and way slimmer.

My blue(3 spot) Gourami, he's around 4"

See less See more
#40 ·
Wow! I bet that was scary the first couple times lol

Here's a video that shows how quick the African butterfly is taken by someone on youtube. When mine saw me feeding my fish in mu 16/17g he would sometimes take one big jump across the tank lol

#41 ·
I'm the picture taker, so hubby fed the fishys. He said they'd glup his whole hand. Said it felt like sandpaper wrapping around his hand.

That's a neat video. I was thinking they'd be a pretty big fish. Do they get big?

#43 ·
Thats what I thought too.
I've fed some piggy/large koi/goldies. But nothing compares to those tarpon. Mouths as big as my dog's head O.O

#54 ·
#61 ·
#66 ·
Izzy, it's a lousy pic but maybe you can tell what kind of loach this is? It was sold to me as a peppered dojo loach but I don't think it's a dojo. It isn't getting any longer and it doesn't act like a dojo at all. It's really skittery and hides a lot. Sorry, it's washed out because it's on pale sand.
Fish Marine biology Organism Fish Axolotl

When it was on black gravel, it looked closer to this:

This website says it's a peppered loach, cobitis taenia.

#67 ·
It's certainly not a dojo loach. You're right about that. He's a real cutie, tho. As for the actual species, I can't really be sure, and we may never know with certainty. I had a "contaminate" loach species in with my kuhli loaches and was stuck between two species until the day he died.

Does he look like any of the loaches from these pages? Nemacheiline type loaches or Elongate Nemacheilline

This was another possibility that I found: Lepidocephalichthys guntea

#69 ·
Here's my crazy snail, I once tried to get another snail the same size and he mated with it so much the snail died D: It's been a while and I just realized he's doubled in size since I've had him, anyway I decided to get 2 more mystery snails, a blue and black. The blue mystery snail immediately goes off exploring and the black sits still.
I was surprised by how my gold mystery snail acted, before the new snails had touched the bottom his antenna where out(which he never does since he fish used to bite them) and he goes straight across the tank and immediatly starts mating with the black mystery snail within a minute of it being in the tank. The poor thing hadn't even moved yet.

#72 ·
New fish!
First up, koi swordtails. Okay, technically I think these are called calico or tricolor swordtails but they look more like koi to me.
Koi Fish Fish Feeder fish Organism

Fish Koi Feeder fish Fish Organism

Bad pics of my congo tetras. They're all washed out because of the whiteish background.
Fish Fish Pink Feeder fish Organism

Fish Fish Feeder fish Water Bait fish

1 male, 2 female swordtails. I reckon I have half and half with the congos (these two make a total of 4).

Now go my pretties, go and make lots of swordtail babies that I won't know what to do with!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.