Betta Fish Forum banner

A new member and Betta lover checking in!

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  eaturbyfill 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

I've been back to this site several times over the last few months and figured it was time to actually sign up and say hello! Like all of you, I'm totally in love with my Betta fish, (his name is "Buddy").

My introduction to Bettas was pretty random. I had a coworker who was unable to take care of her fish due to being on the road (part of the job) so she asked if I could care for them while she was away. Soon and totally unexpectedly I fell in love w/ the two Bettas and all their personality! Months later she was back home, but I continued to babysit when need be over the past few years.

When they passed I was really bummed out. They were so distinct in their personalies and my fiance and I thoroughly enjoyed having them around. So we finally took the plunge a few months ago, went to our local fish store and brought home Buddy. He was the smallest one in the store, and shy. That has changed...lol. He's got all sorts of energy and has gotten so much bigger.

Anyway, just wanted to say howdy. Look forward to getting to know folks more and sharing fun stories. Thanks for having me!

See less See more
#2 ·
well hello there :D aw what kind of betta is buddy?
Betta are soo cute Im glad you found them!

#6 ·
Thanks so much for the welcoming responses!

Otter - I'm so glad to have been introduced to the wonderful world of Bettas. I believe Buddy is a Veil Tail. But please correct me if I'm wrong (picture below).

BettaKat - I'd love to see any pics you have as well! Your avatar picture is gorgeous.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. :D

#7 ·
wow.. one pretty fishy:) welcome im bethany hope to see you around on this forum.. its really great on here everyone has respect for others and there is no greedy people just fun, loving betta owners who will go to extreme measures to keep there bettas healthy, and happy :) ttyl - bethany <3 :)

#9 · (Edited)
Hi there glad you joined the forum its and awesome place ! Buddy is very pretty !!!!
I have only known the joy and love of Betta for almost 3 months now since I got mine as a gift for Mothers Day from my lovely daughter and wow these little guys are amazing, I could sit all day and watch mine and most the time I do...lol I am retired now and the daughter moved to North Carolina to teach Latin so its just me, my Corgi mix Barkley and my Betta Perseus and we are having a great time !

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about Buddy, he sounds a lot like Perseus so active and always making me laugh the way he pokes things with his nose and stalks things only he can see...lol

Oh I forgot to mention my baby snails, they have their own little tank, found them on some water plants I brought, they are really cute little guys. So if you ever decide to get any live plants for Buddy be sure and check them over real well and QT in some conditioned water for a week or so and check each day for snails or other hitchhikers.

#10 ·
Welcome :)

#11 ·
Hello and welcome to the form! And yep, Buddy is a veiltail. I'm sure you'll find yourself getting more Bettas in the future!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.