Betta Fish Forum banner

Yes!!!! I did it!!

1K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  sunkissedinCA 
#1 ·
Ok so today I was at Walmart. And they had so many amazing fish. Even CTs (Btw I found Merlins twin but I didn't get him :/). Anyway they were all healthy and the cups were bigger and cleaner. One female had a bacterial infection on her stomach. So I told the person who works with the fish and he took her out of the cup and put her in a different cup and did a salt bath on her then he returned her to her original cup and added some watered down MelaFix.

I think I did it!! I made this Walmart a safe place for bettas!!

#6 ·
If they would all do that :p

#5 ·
Congrats! Thats a first, I've never heard of a worker actually doing a saltbath! lol

#7 ·
I'm sure the whole store heard my jaw hit the floor! LOL

#9 ·
Well it's the same employee all the time. He used to argue with me but now he agrees with me :)

He also said that they keep getting bad shipments. Their fish are sick from day one. Like once I saw them place goldfish in the tanks and then once they colored up they ALREADY had ich.

#12 ·
Great job!!!!

#13 ·
Oh,yay!! Thats great he is listening to you now. I wish my stores here would listen. And not just walmart either!

#15 ·
Definitely better than what I saw at my Walmart this week. 20 Bettas, all dying in their cups. A few had Dropsy, nearly all of them had fin rot, and a couple appeared to have Ick.

It's sad really... because before now, my Walmart has done an okay job with the Betta fish. If I had the money for the medicines right now, I would have brought a few of them home. D;

I'm actually in the process of writing a complaint about that.

#16 ·
My walmart only has like 5 bettas. I'm serious, and they are all tiny! I mean, they have to be 2-3 months old, almost no finnage yet so maybe younger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.