Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2015, 10:17 AM   #1001 
Elsewhere

I've done research on all three, but I've really fallen for the cresties. I think if I were to ever get a lizard it would have to be one of those guys.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:13 AM   #1002 
DaytonBetta

I hope you get a lizard!

That is my next project, too. I am researching Day Geckos because that is the type of environment I want to set up. (planted tropical). Cresties are cute, and no bugs would be a big plus.
DaytonBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:56 PM   #1003 
Elsewhere

I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but my town's water was shut down for the weekend and came back on, but we can only use it if we boil it. Which means that I can't clean the tanks because we don't have enough water for all of them. It also means that when I get the Axolotls on Friday everything is going to suck and I'm not gonna be able to do as frequent of water changes as I wanted to. But I'm not pushing the date back any further, Friday is one of the only days where everything works our perfectly for pick up. I just hope this water stuff gets resolved by Sunday so I can start them on regular water changes and get the other tanks going too.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:13 PM   #1004 
Elsewhere

Got the babies today! Cain and Rowena are here!!! I have a whole bunch of pictures, but they are TERRIBLE quality for the fish. I'm hoping to get the charger for the fish camera this weekend and take some proper ones!!

My animal set up at the moment for my room

Baby lotl buckets!

Cain!

Rowena!

Downstairs tank set up (ignore the blanket under the 30g, I had the pigs downstairs and I had to keep them from eating the cords)

Mr. Crowley!

Seraphiel. I know how bad his tail is. I just fed Crowley the last of the feeder guppies, and no more after that, they're killing his tail. And I can't even do a water change to try and help with what looks like a bit of rot :( As soon as this water issue is gone, he'll be treated like a king. Hopefully I can live plant it up in there!

I also snapped some pictures of the furry friends, who, as per usual, couldn't sit still.

Mordecai

Gilbert

Holly

Miss Daisy. Yes, those are bandages on her legs. She won't stop licking and it got pretty bad, so we've been treating the wounds.

August

Norman Bates

Whew! That's all! I can't wait to get some better pictures of the axies, or at least until I can upload my phone pics to the laptop. I had them right in the light and got some decent shots.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:42 PM   #1005 
Elsewhere

Cas went to her new home today! She looks pretty happy in the new tank, the lady who bought her sent me some pictures. While we were out we stopped and got Daisy a thunder shirt, so hopefully that will help stop her licking. I also delved back into the live plant scene. I picked up two jungle valisneria, a red ludwigia, a java fern with like three babies, and a water sprite for the 10g. Seraphiel looks very happy in his freshly green home! Hopefully they grow out fast. I need to do some trimming on a couple of dead leaves, but I had to hurriedly put them in the tank and run out again, so that'll have to wait until after school tomorrow. The babies are doing great, but they refuse to eat their pellets. Uuuugh. I should've known Crowley was a little angel (named after the King of Hell, go figure) and that these two would be picky. They won't stop eating bloodworms, though. Soleil is doing well. This weeks will be the deciding factor between going to live with someone or going to the pet store. My dad mentioned that his work has a tank, and that he would get a list of species and see if she would work out in that tank, but my hopes aren't too high, she's pretty aggressive to most fish. Except the Barbs, they got big and turned evil.

Welp. I think that's all! I'll probably update with (more) pictures tomorrow.
Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM   #1006 
Elsewhere

I came home today and unfortunately Cain had passed away. I really don't know what caused it. The town's been having water issues, but I've been using the water on all the tanks as of Friday and no one else has showed any signs of illness (trust me, I've been watching like crazy). He was a little guy, so it might just have been the stress. I don't know.
Old Today, 06:51 AM   #1007 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Awww poor baby!! I'm sorry to hear that
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:42 AM   #1008 
Elsewhere

Thanks, Lil. Crowley was such an easy baby, I don't know why I thought that these two would be the same, they're like human children, each one is different :/ I'll miss little Cain, but for now I need to focus on Rowena. I'm watching her like a hawk. I have a pretty bad cold and I'm home today, so she's on constant monitoring. Little brat won't eat her pellets, though. Her highness demands only bloodworms, but the breeder suggested doing pellets one day and bloodworms the next until she decides she wants the pellets. Crowley, on the other hand, would eat anything. Anything. He's such a great little guy.

Mum's budged the tiniest amount physically possible on geckos. As in it's still a resounding no, but yesterday when I said I wouldn't have any money until October for it she said "then wait til October and see" SO THERE'S A REALLY SMALL CHANCE WOO.

The 10g is looking good. I went to babysit the other night and ended up spending the night, and mum forgot to turn off the tank lights so they were on for a long. long time, which I feel awful about, but the live plants are looking great! They'll be in darkness until tomorrow. Poor little Crowley, I hope he won't be too mad at me for all the light :/

Seraphiel is doing great, he's all swimmy and wiggly and God I love Bettas, I just want so many. But I know I shouldn't get anymore. One at a time is all I can really handle.

I think I'll post some more pics tonight if I'm feeling better!