Betta Fish Forum banner

Dividers

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  shealynn 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm hoping to get a kritter cage for my bettas, (the 5g one) and put a divider in so I can keep them in the same container. Has anyone made a divider before or know of any tips I can use to make this happen?

Thanks,
Shea

#5 ·

Awesome. Easy enough and cheap. Im doing this for a Kritter Kage currently until I can afford a larger actual tank. I used the plastic "Quick Count" cross stitch mounts which were 39 cents at Michaels, and binder keeprs that were like 2$. Now I just have to let it dry. The only hard part is that the Kritter Kage is tapered and I had to draw out a template for my plastic cross stitch material. I think that this will work well too because I can always replace the cross stitch material if it gets too dirty by easily sliding it out of the dividers.

Thanks everyone! I'll post some finished pictures in a few days after the sealant dries!

#7 ·
I got the medium one, so I think I've heard that it holds about 3.5 gallons (from what I've read on the forum). It will be just a little small for my two bettas, but my main project is to get a 10 gallon tank and divide it into three sections and have Bettas on the outer portions and other breeds of fish that can live together in the middle portion. So this will be a temporary home until I can afford the larger tank and supplies.

I saw your thread on the Kritter cage, I can let you know how my two like the set up? I've never used on before.

#8 ·
My betta seems to be better in the 2.4 gall than he was in the 12, you think of 11 litres and you instantly don't think it will be big enough but this tank seems really spacious I was quite shocked lol. I never thought about dividing a critter keeper so it would be great if you could let me know =) how did you find making the dividers? I have read stickys on here but they seem quite complicated to make.

#9 ·
I used the link that someone posted earlier in this thread (the first link someone posted). It looked complicated, but really it was pretty easy. I can post pictures of the material I used later, but basically I just had to buy the plastic meshy stuff, report bindings and silicone aquarium glue. I think the hardest part was finding the center of the kritter cage..I'm not good at that so my divider is a little off center..but it still looks fine. Also with the KCs they're tapered, so the bottoms are not as wide as the tops. All I did differently was just take paper and trace the edges of the cage, cut out the outline, and then trace it onto the plastic mesh and trimmed it to fit perfectly.

Otherwise, after that stuff its really easy, all you do is put the aquarium glue on the bindings and glue them in place. Let them sit for 2 days and then put the mesh in and do any touch ups.

I thought it was going to be really hard at first, and I even asked my boyfriend to help me. I wound up doing it myself and it was fine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.