Betta Fish Forum banner

Planted Tank Edition 5.2*PICS*

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Abby 
#1 · (Edited)
This is the newest 5 gal tank, number two, hence 5.2 lol

Ok so the Tank cost me $29.95 (15'x8')
we already had the filter had to buy a sponge for it to fit the filter i will be getting for it
the drift wood cost me $8.95, my partner had the Co2 gear (cranking out two bubbles a second) and he also paid the $80 for the plants. (there was so much plants we will have to sell the extra stuff, there is THREE LARGE handfulls of Riccia and two handfuls of flame moss and a few small Narrow Leaf Java Ferns left over.

Plants, moss and Riccia are attatched to the drift wood glass and rocks with 1mm bonisi wire

My contribution besides the photos i unraveled a little wire before he took over lol

My partner covering the drift wood with flame Moss

Ok so the plants are: Back left corner is Narrow Leaf Java Fern, right corner is Crypt Wendtii 'green', to the right of those is a phillipine java fern (ON the rock) the Drift wood is covered in Flame moss and the rocks and glass at the front are covered in Riccia

^ In goes the root fertilizer with awesome long tweezers, 14' tweezers and matching long scissors great for big tanks and trimming plants or pulling out that dropped item lol^
Flame moss attached to the driftwood:

Riccia wired onto a strip of glass:

Riccia wired to a stone:

See less See more
#3 ·
yeh it will take about about a month so by the time the tanks cycled then they will be grown in

#4 ·
:O

Beautiful! I've always wanted to do something like that... I always drool over the aquascaping aquariums... but I'm afraid after all that time/effort/money my 'not so green' thumb would kill it all. >.>

This is my dream tank/house! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZGleTattRo

#8 ·
Bonsi plant wire, all ends are tucked out of reach and bent over, all wire joins are on bottom between rock/plant/glass and gravel.plus bonsi wire cutters dont leave a sharp edges, My partners been tying plants to woods, rocks and galss for 5 yrs with sewing thread and its just too difficult ESPECIALLY with the Riccia its a major paint in the rear, when i tried wiring it on i was ready to toss the rock out the window. plus i got Riccia everywhere lol

#9 ·
PLUS no fish will enter it for at least a month while its cycling when that month is up they WONT be able to PHYSICALLY get to the wire, and where possible the wire will be removed.....like in a month the driftwood wont need wire as the moss will have taken hold already

#11 ·
Yeh thats the one. we can buy it at out local bunnings which is like a hardwear plus everything fixit, paint it maintain it kinda like walmart. check your local store in the garden section if they have Bonsai they should stock the wire. Our tools were bought online but are not cheap. its very manipulative wire and easily cut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.